Department of Psychology
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Resource utilization and clinical outcomes in cardiac rehabilitation; Psychosocial adaptation to cardiac illness; physiologic changes and exercise capacity during the cardiac rehabilitation process; baseline psychological function in cardiac rehabilitation participants; Evaluation of quality of life survey instruments and weight loss among obese cardiac rehabilitation participants.
Ph.D., Kent State University (1982)
- Gunstad, J., Luyster, F., Hughes, J., Waechter, D., Rosneck, J., & Josephson, R. (2007). The effects of obesity on functional work capacity and quality of life in phase II cardiac rehabilitation. Preventive Cardiology 10, 64-67.
- Luyster, F., Hughes, J. W., Waechter, D., & Josephson, R. (2006). Resource loss predicts depression and anxiety among patients treated with implantable cardiac defibrillator. Psychosomatic Medicine, 68, 794-800.
- Waechter, D., Boyer, J., Garner R., & Gammon, J. (2006). Differences between males and females responding to photos used in research recruiting materials. Society of Research Administrators International 2006 Symposium Proceedings, pp. 250-257.
- Rosneck, J., Waechter, D., & Josephson, R. (2006). Program success outcome Indicators in cardiac rehabilitation: A Delphi study. Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation 26:265.
- Waechter, D., Rosneck, J., Josephson, R. Improving clinical Care via Data-Driven Decision Making. Paper published in the Proceedings of the SPSS North American User's Conference. Chicago, November 5-9, 2006.
- Waechter, D., Rosneck, J., Hughes, J., & Josephson, R. (2004). Contrasting Mental Health and Physical Functioning Quality of Life between the Old Old (> 75 years) and General Phase II Cardiac Rehabilitation (CR) Population