Diversity In Action Council
Kent State University at Trumbull is committed to providing an environment that recognizes the value of bringing together people from a wide range of diverse cultures, backgrounds and ethnicities.
Fall 2019 Meeting Schedule
- September 23 (Monday)
- October 24 (Thursday)
- November 25 (Monday)
Meetings are 2 to 3 p.m. in Room 237, Classroom Building
The Diversity in Action Council is responsible for creating and supporting opportunities for the campus community to get together and experience diversity.
Present and Past Events
- Girls in STEM Trumbull County
- Kent State Gospel Choir Concert
- Safe Space training sponsored by the Pride Alliance Club and our Assistant Dean
- Tunnel of Oppression Art & Poster Contest
- Phenomenal Women Oral History Project Workshop and Reading for Black History Month (2018) For more information, see video.
- Brazilian music concert for Hispanic Heritage Month. This was in collaboration with the Kent State University at Trumbull Concert Series.
- Poster/banner display for Hispanic Heritage Month, Black History Month, Women’s History Month
- Screening for Beyond the Wall, a documentary on DACA. Attendees watched the short 18-minute documentary and attended a Skype Q&A session with the producer and one of the people featured in the documentary.(2017,2018)
The Role of the Regional Diversity Advisory Committee (RDAC)
- Work closely with the Campus Dean to provide overall leadership on all diversity matters for the Campus.
- Provide periodic feedback to the Assistant Dean on diversity initiatives at other campuses.
- Monitor progress on Strategic Diversity Indicators and prepare annual report on progress
- Communicate regularly with the Office of the Vice President DEI to ensure harmony with the University direction on diversity initiatives.