Diversity In Action Council
Kent State University at Trumbull is committed to providing an environment that recognizes the value of bringing together people from a wide range of diverse cultures, backgrounds and ethnicities.
Spring 2020 Meeting Schedule
- January 30 (Thursday) 4 - 5 p.m.
- February 26 (Wednesday) 1 - 2 p.m.
- March 19 (Thursday) 4 - 5 p.m.
- April 22 (Wednesday) 1 - 2 p.m.
Meetings are held in room 233, Classroom Building
The Diversity in Action Council is responsible for creating and supporting opportunities for the campus community to get together and experience diversity.
Present and Past Events
- Girls in STEM Trumbull County
- Kent State Gospel Choir Concert
- Safe Space training sponsored by the Pride Alliance Club and our Assistant Dean
- Tunnel of Oppression Art & Poster Contest
- Phenomenal Women Oral History Project Workshop and Reading for Black History Month (2018) For more information, see video.
- Brazilian music concert for Hispanic Heritage Month. This was in collaboration with the Kent State University at Trumbull Concert Series.
- Poster/banner display for Hispanic Heritage Month, Black History Month, Women’s History Month
- Screening for Beyond the Wall, a documentary on DACA. Attendees watched the short 18-minute documentary and attended a Skype Q&A session with the producer and one of the people featured in the documentary.(2017,2018)
The Role of the Regional Diversity Advisory Committee (RDAC)
- Work closely with the Campus Dean to provide overall leadership on all diversity matters for the Campus.
- Provide periodic feedback to the Assistant Dean on diversity initiatives at other campuses.
- Monitor progress on Strategic Diversity Indicators and prepare annual report on progress
- Communicate regularly with the Office of the Vice President DEI to ensure harmony with the University direction on diversity initiatives.