your time to shine is now!
Meet the program's Summer intern
Kennedy Harris is a graduate from Warren G Harding high school, class of 2021, and a member of Inspiring Minds of Warren, OH. She plans to study Business Management and Visual Arts in college this fall. With passions in art and business, Kennedy aspires to become the first young African American woman to successfully open an art gallery that features young black artists, including herself. She is excited to participate in the internship with the Rising Scholars Program, and strives to gain professional skill sets and knowledge in busines and program management!
Overview of Program
In collaboration with Inspiring Minds of Warren, OH, the Rising Scholars Program supports students in achieving their own idea of success whether that is college, trade school, military or workforce. These students, the Rising Scholars, are members of Inspiring Minds, and participate in the program from 9th grade to the end of 12th grade. The program focuses on:
- College and Career Readiness
- Diversity Exploration and Identity Development
Rising Scholars participate in workshops, activities, conferences and other various opportunities. In addition, students will have access to Kent State University at Trumbull resources, including interactions with faculty and staff members.
POST HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION
The Rising Scholars Program extends its services to students who chose to attend Kent State Trumbull for undergraduate studies. Includes:
- Full tuition scholarship $$$
- Enrollment in the Building Black Leaders college program
- Support and resources for academic, personal, and professional success
- 1on1 guidance and check-ins
- Integration into campus community
- Cultural events and celebrations, professional development, and an allyship network
- Possible student employment opportunities
- In-person, remote, and social media interactions
Mentors are Kent State Trumbull students who want to make a lasting impact on young students. They serve as role models for rising scholars, assisting them in areas of student development and personal growth.
- Mentoring students
- Tutoring students between 3rd-12th grade
- Helping Inspiring Minds with large scale events
- Creating and leading events at the Trumbull campus and Inspiring Minds facility
- Attending monthly staff trainings
For more information, email Program Coordinator, Tiffany Tyree, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hiring for mentor positions will start in the spring semester of 2022.
For Parents and Participants
Please complete the following forms for full participation in the program.