your time to shine is now!
Overview of Program
In collaboration with Inspiring Minds of Warren, OH, the Rising Scholars Program supports students in achieving their own idea of success whether that is college, trade school, military or workforce. These students, the Rising Scholars, are members of Inspiring Minds, and participate in the program from 9th grade to the end of 12th grade. The program focuses on:
- College and Career Readiness
- Diversity Exploration and Identity Development
Rising Scholars participate in workshops, activities, conferences and other various opportunities. In addition, students will have access to Kent State University at Trumbull resources, including interactions with faculty and staff members.
POST HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION
The Rising Scholars Program extends its services to students who chose to attend Kent State Trumbull for undergraduate studies. Includes:
- Full tuition scholarship $$$
- Enrollment in the Building Black Leaders college program
Mentors are Kent State Trumbull students who want to make a lasting impact on young students. They serve as role models for rising scholars, assisting them in areas of student development and personal growth.
- Mentoring students
- Co-facilitating workshops and presentations
- Helping to tutor students between 3rd-12th grade
- Helping Inspiring Minds with large scale events
- Creating and leading events
For more information, email Program Coordinator, Tiffany Tyree, at email@example.com. Hiring for mentor positions will start in the spring semester of 2022.
For Parents and Participants
Please complete the following forms for full participation in the program.