Executive MBA (In-person/Online Hybrid)
Contact us today to learn more about our program.
The Kent State University EMBA is the Ideal Blend of In-Person and Online Learning Experiences
Ranked #28 globally by CEO Magazine, Kent State University’s EMBA is designed exclusively for busy working professionals. When you choose the MBA program for executives with Kent State Ambassador Crawford College of Business and Entrepreneurship, you’re choosing a program that’s tailored specifically around the demands of a working professional lifestyle.
Learn more about our MBA program for executives by scheduling a call or virtual meeting with our team. Call 330-672-1281 or email Aviad at email@example.com to learn how the EMBA program can work for you!
Kent State University’s 19-Month EMBA Program Features
Convenient, once-monthly weekend format supplemented with online content
Summer session 100% online
Designed for mid-level professionals with diverse experience
GMAT typically waived
Nationally recognized and globally ranked: College is AACSB accredited and ranked Tier One globally by CEO Magazine.
International business consulting experience
Experienced faculty are noted academics, engaging communicators and leaders in their business fields
Kent State University’s MBA for Executives Guidelines and Costs
- Minimum seven years of work experience required.
- The program begins each fall with an application deadline of August 1, or until the program is filled.
- EMBA program cost:
The $43,900 program includes tuition, beginning overnight residency, meals and refreshments on in-person class days, parking and access to student services and amenities at the university. A separate International Business Experience (IBE) fee will be assessed to all enrolled EMBA students prior to the semester in which the IBE will occur. The IBE fee varies by destination and then-current rates for the costs described herein.
- EMBA scholarships may be available for accepted students on a merit or need basis. Employees of Kent State University are not eligible to apply. The application deadline is August 1 of the application year. Instructions are available from the EMBA office through Louise Ditchey.
Learn More | Register for an Info session or Webinar Today
Check Out Our Blog To Learn More About Our Program
More About Our MBA for Executives
Kent State University’s Executive MBA program (EMBA) is an AACSB-accredited program designed exclusively for busy professionals working full time with a desire for career advancement.
Our contemporary curriculum taught by outstanding faculty is designed to both teach and challenge our students, while placing a focus on effectively utilizing:
- Sound strategic thinking
- Decision-making supported by analytics
- Sustainable business practices
- Effective leadership dynamics
- Heightened awareness of a globally competitive and technologically complex business environment
Our experienced Executive MBA faculty combine practical business expertise developed from consulting and corporate experience with advanced academic knowledge obtained through intensive research.
If you are ready to advance your career along with your personal and professional growth through our MBA for executives, apply today!
Register for an Info session or Webinar Today
EMBA Admission Information
Executive MBA Admission Criteria
- A minimum of 7 years professional work experience
- An undergraduate degree (not necessarily in business) from an accredited college or university
- GMAT and GRE scores are typically waived
About the EMBA Application Process
To be considered for admission to Kent State University’s Executive MBA program, students must submit the following information online:
- Completed application form, and nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts – all EMBA applicants must have graduated with at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Prior business-related degree is not needed
- Recommendation forms – used to assess academic or job performance. Recommenders may include senior executives, past or present supervisors, colleagues or someone familiar with your academic background.
- Statement of Goals and Objectives – one full page stating your goals/objectives for the program, used to assess career goals and written communication skills
- If required* – Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) official test scores
- Interview – required of all candidates after they submit a completed application form. The EMBA office will schedule an appointment for a personal interview with the director after the EMBA admissions committee has received all application materials.
- Deposit – upon a favorable admission decision, a deposit is required to confirm commitment to the MBA program for executives.
Cost of Our EMBA Program
The cost of our MBA program for executives is $43,900, for a total of 32 semester credit hours, or $1,371.88 per credit hour.
This price includes tuition, parking, food service for classes on campus and graduation cap/gown. A separate International Business Experience (IBE) fee will be assessed to all enrolled EMBA students prior to the semester in which the IBE will occur. The IBE fee varies by destination and then-current rates for the costs described herein.
The program is spread over three calendar years, so as to take advantage of a yearly employer reimbursement if your employer reimburses you any cost of your tuition.
EMBA International Business Experience
A highlight of the Executive MBA program at Kent State University is the international business experience.
The international business experience (IBE) is a one-hour credit course in which each EMBA cohort has the opportunity to travel abroad under the leadership of a faculty member. A separate IBE fee will be assessed to all enrolled EMBA students prior to the semester in which the IBE will occur. The IBE fee varies by destination and then-current rates for the costs described herein.
The international business experience is a unique learning event in which students are exposed firsthand to the country’s culture and work on an international business project.
In order to prepare for the experience, international topics are integrated into many of the courses in the EMBA curriculum.
What Will You Do During the International Experience?
During travel, students meet with international business leaders, work with one or more global companies to develop business strategies and explore. It has proven to be not only a great learning experience, but also to be most students’ favorite part of the MBA for executives program.
The destination each year is based upon events taking place in the domestic and global economy. Past trips have included:
- Czech Republic/Dresden
Learn More About the International Business Experience
For more details on this fulfilling international business experience, be sure to join us for any of Kent State’s upcoming Info sessions or Webinars.
Executive MBA Podcasts
Contact Us Today to Learn More About Our Executive MBA Program
Aviad Israeli, Ph.D.
Senior Academic Program Director for EMBA and Executive Education
Graduate Programs Director