Ranked as Tier One globally by CEO Magazine, Kent State University’s Executive MBA program is designed exclusively for busy working professionals.
It is an opportunity to engage with other seasoned professionals to gain advanced leadership skills, practical insights and vital hands-on training essential to compete in today’s challenging global marketplace. Register for one of our upcoming information sessions today.
Associate Dean for Graduate Studies
- Nationally Recognized. Globally Ranked.
- AACSB accreditation and ranked Tier One globally by CEO Magazine
- Designed for Experienced Professionals with diverse backgrounds
- Minimum 7 years work experience required.
- Convenient, weekend format; summer session 100% online
- EMBA cohorts meet one weekend per month in-person, supplemented with online content during intervening weeks. Summer session is 100% online.
- Earn your EMBA in 19 months!
- International Experience
- Tuition includes a 10-day International Business Trip
- Program Cost Includes:
- Tuition, Beginning Residency, International Business Experience Trip, meals and refreshments on in-person class days, parking and access to all student services and amenities at the University
- World-renowned Faculty
- Faculty are noted academics and leaders in their fields, with published research in their respective area of expertise.
Kent State University’s Executive MBA Program (EMBA) is an AACSB-accredited program designed exclusively for busy professionals working full-time with a desire for career advancement.
Our contemporary curriculum taught by outstanding faculty is designed to both teach and challenge our students, while placing a focus on effectively utilizing:
- Sound strategic thinking
- Decision-making supported by analytics
- Sustainable business practices
- Effective leadership dynamics
- Heightened awareness of a globally competitive and technologically complex business environment
Faculty combine their practical business expertise developed from consulting and corporate experience with advanced academic knowledge obtained through intensive research.
Why Should You Earn Your EMBA?
Earning your EMBA is a great way to develop yourself both personally and professionally by increasing your knowledge, skills and understanding of the different aspects of the business world. And in our Executive MBA program, you can take your career to the next level while maintaining your full-time job.
There are many reasons to earn your Executive MBA, including:
- Gaining a new perspective
- Increasing your understanding of business
- Widening your professional network
Most notably, though, earning your EMBA can help you get the career you have always wanted. The knowledge and skills you learn in the Executive MBA program will give you vital hands-on training essential to compete in today’s challenging global marketplace while helping you become a more well-rounded and knowledgeable employee.
Why Earn Your EMBA at Kent State?
Students from Cleveland, Akron and all over the state enrolled in our EMBA program enjoy the convenience of attending Saturday and Sunday classes once a month on campus, along with selected classes online, and can graduate in just 19 months.
Kent State University’s Executive MBA program stands out from the rest because it primarily consists of required courses vital to learning business disciplines. This allows you to expedite the process and earn your EMBA in just 19 months.
Better yet, the international experience portion of our EMBA program gives students the opportunity to meet international business leaders, tour businesses in other countries and develop strategies for international companies.
Students are also given the chance to form lifelong bonds and career connections with their classmates, who are business professionals like themselves.
Want to Learn More?
Interested in learning more about Kent State’s Executive MBA program? Be sure to attend one of our many upcoming information sessions around Cleveland, Akron and all over northern Ohio, where you can speak with faculty and alumni about program expectations, curriculum and so much more.
Executive MBA admission criteria includes:
- A minimum of seven years professional work experience.
- An undergraduate degree (not necessarily in business) from an accredited college or university.
To be considered for admission to Kent State University's Executive MBA program, students must submit the following information online:
- Completed Application Form, nonrefundable application fee.
- Official Transcripts - all applicants must have graduated with at least a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Prior business-related degree is not needed.
- Letter of Recommendation Forms - used to assess academic or job performance. Three forms are required for application to the Executive MBA program. Recommenders may include senior executives, past or present supervisors, colleagues or someone familiar with your academic background.
- Statement of Goals and Objectives - one full page stating your goals/objectives for the program, used to assess career goals and written communication skills.
- If Required* - Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) official test scores
- Interview - required of all candidates submitting a completed application form. The EMBA office will schedule an appointment for a personal interview with the Director after the EMBA admissions committee has received all application materials.
GMAT and GRE scores are not typically required.
For those applicants who will be required to take the GMAT, is now offered electronically. Simply call 1-800-717-GMAT to schedule the test at a center near you. KAPLAN offers a GMAT-prep software package and www.MBA.com also offers a practice test on line.
GMAT & GPA Admission Criteria
There is no minimum GMAT score or grade point average required for admission to the EMBA program. The admissions committee considers many factors as it evaluates prospective students, including work history, recommendations, and other non-academic achievements. The admission process culminates with a personal interview to ensure that the candidate is a good fit for the program, and vice versa.
Kent State offers a best-value MBA Program compared to several other universities with Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation, the top credential for business schools.
Full-time MBA Tuition
|Ohio Residents||Non-Ohio Residents|
|Below 11 credit hours||$525 per credit hour||$979 per credit hour|
|11-18 credit hours||$5,768||$10,762|
Full-Time MBA Program Fee: $600 per Fall and Spring semesters
Financial Assistance available to full-time MBA students:
Merit-based Graduate Assistantships
Loans and Work Study (domestic students only)
* The tuition and fee information provided reflects, at a glance, generalized rates and is intended to act as a guide. Actual tuition costs may vary based on a student’s chosen academic plan. Detailed information regarding tuition and fees can be found in the University Fee Register.
A highlight of the Executive MBA program at Kent State is the international business experience trip.
The International Business trip is a one-hour credit course in which each EMBA cohort has the opportunity to travel abroad under the leadership of a faculty member. The EMBA program cost includes the International Business Experience Trip (airfare, hotel accommodations and most meals).
The International Business Experience Trip is a unique learning experience in which students are exposed firsthand to the country’s culture and the business practices of companies that operate internationally.
In order to prepare for the experience, international topics are integrated into many of the courses in the curriculum.
What Will You Do During the Trip?
During the trip, students meet with business leaders, tour selected businesses, work with companies to develop business strategies and explore. It has proven to be not only a great learning experience, but also to be most students’ favorite part of the program. The destination each year is based upon events taking place in the domestic and global economy.
Past trips have included Italy, Brazil, Vietnam, Ireland, Austria/Greece, Mexico, Chile, Switzerland/Belgium, Czech Republic/Dresden and China.