Earn an EMBA in 19 Months
An EMBA program tailored to meet the needs of professionals ready to move up the corporate ladder.
Contact us today to learn more about our program.
Application Deadline for Fall 2019: August 1st.
Ranked as Tier One Globally CEO Magazine, Kent State University’s Executive MBA program is designed exclusively for busy working professionals. With once-monthly meetings on campus supplemented by online content during weeks in between, this program was created to help you keep your life balanced.
Our EMBA program is a terrific opportunity to engage with other seasoned professionals to gain advanced leadership skills, practical insights, decision-making skills based on analytics and vital hands-on training essential to compete in today’s challenging global marketplace.
Associate Dean for Graduate Studies
Kent State’s EMBA Program Features
What makes our program different from other Executive MBA programs? Let’s take a look.
- Convenient, once-monthly weekend format; summer session 100% online
Meets one weekend per month in-person, supplemented with online content during intervening weeks. Summer session is 100% online
- Designed for experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds
Minimum 7 years of work experience required, GMAT typically waived
- Ability to earn your EMBA in 19 months
- Nationally recognized. Globally ranked.
AACSB accreditation and ranked Tier One globally by CEO Magazine
- International business experience
Tuition includes a 10-day international business experience with a global project
- EMBA program cost includes:
Tuition, beginning residency, international business experience trip, meals and refreshments on in-person class days, parking and access to student services and amenities at the university
- World-renowned faculty
Faculty are noted academics and leaders in their fields, with published research in their respective area of expertise and business experience
More About Our MBA for Executives
Kent State University’s Executive MBA program (EMBA) is an AACSB-accredited program designed exclusively for busy professionals working full time with a desire for career advancement.
Our contemporary curriculum taught by outstanding faculty is designed to both teach and challenge our students, while placing a focus on effectively utilizing:
- Sound strategic thinking
- Decision-making supported by analytics
- Sustainable business practices
- Effective leadership dynamics
- Heightened awareness of a globally competitive and technologically complex business environment
Our experienced Executive MBA faculty combines their practical business expertise developed from consulting and corporate experience with advanced academic knowledge obtained through intensive research.
Why should you earn your EMBA?
Earning your EMBA is a great way to develop yourself both personally and professionally by increasing your knowledge, skills and understanding of the different aspects of the business world.
And in our Executive MBA program, you can take your career to the next level while maintaining your full-time job. There are many reasons to earn your Executive MBA, including:
- Gaining new perspectives
- Increasing your understanding of business
- Widening your professional network
Most notably, though, earning your EMBA can help you reach your career goals. The knowledge and skills you gain in our Executive MBA program provide you with the vital hands-on training essential for competing in today’s challenging global marketplace, while helping you become a more well-rounded and knowledgeable business professional.
Why Choose Kent State for Your Executive MBA?
Kent State University’s Executive MBA program stands out from the rest because it primarily consists of courses vital to learning business disciplines.
Students from across Ohio, including Cleveland, Akron and Columbus, enroll in our EMBA. They enjoy the convenience of attending Saturday and Sunday classes once a month on campus, along with selected classes online, and can graduate in just 19 months.
Better yet, the international experience portion of our EMBA program gives students the opportunity to work on projects with international business leaders in other countries and develop global strategies.
Students form lifelong bonds and career connections with their classmates, who are business professionals with more than seven years of work experience, like themselves.
Want to Learn More About Getting Your Executive MBA?
Interested in learning more about Kent State’s Executive MBA program? Be sure to attend one of our many upcoming information sessions or webinars around Cleveland, Akron and all over northern Ohio, where you can speak with faculty and alumni about program expectations, curriculum and so much more.
EMBA Admission Information
Executive MBA Admission Criteria
- A minimum of 7 years professional work experience
- An undergraduate degree (not necessarily in business) from an accredited college or university
- GMAT and GRE scores are typically waived
About the EMBA Application Process
To be considered for admission to Kent State University’s Executive MBA program, students must submit the following information online:
- Completed application form, and nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts – all applicants must have graduated with at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Prior business-related degree is not needed
- Three recommendation forms – used to assess academic or job performance. . Recommenders may include senior executives, past or present supervisors, colleagues or someone familiar with your academic background.
- Statement of Goals and Objectives – one full page stating your goals/objectives for the program, used to assess career goals and written communication skills
- If required* – Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) official test scores
- Interview – required of all candidates after they submit a completed application form. The EMBA office will schedule an appointment for a personal interview with the director after the EMBA admissions committee has received all application materials.
Cost of Our EMBA Program
The cost is $43,900, for a total of 32 semester credit hours, or $1,371.88 per credit hour.
This price includes tuition, parking, food service for classes on campus, an international business experience and graduation cap/gown.
The program is spread over three calendar years, so as to take advantage of a yearly employer reimbursement if your employer reimburses you any cost of your tuition.
EMBA International Business Experience
A highlight of the Executive MBA program at Kent State is the international business experience.
The international business experience is a one-hour credit course in which each EMBA cohort has the opportunity to travel abroad under the leadership of a faculty member. The EMBA program cost includes the international business experience (airfare, hotel accommodations and most meals).
The international business experience is a unique learning event in which students are exposed firsthand to the country’s culture and work on an international business project.
In order to prepare for the experience, international topics are integrated into many of the courses in the curriculum.
What Will You Do During the International Experience?
During travel, students meet with international business leaders, work with one or more global companies to develop business strategies and explore. It has proven to be not only a great learning experience, but also to be most students’ favorite part of the program.
The destination each year is based upon events taking place in the domestic and global economy. Past trips have included:
- Czech Republic/Dresden
Learn More About the International Business Experience
For more details on this fulfilling international business experience, be sure to join us for any of Kent State’s upcoming Info sessions or Webinars.