Contact us today to learn more about our program.
Earn Your MBA Degree Online from Kent State
Have you recently earned a bachelor’s degree but are not sure where you want to take your career? Alternatively, are you established in the workforce and looking to take your professional skills to the next level? If either of these scenarios apply to you, you may want to consider applying for an online MBA program.
Earning an MBA degree online not only allows you to continue working full-time, but can also advance your skillset and increase your earnings potential – all on your own schedule.
The Kent State University College of Business Administration is AACSB accredited, making the Kent State online MBA a high-quality and flexible option for students interested in earning their master’s in business. It is also 100% online, meaning you can complete your courses from just about anywhere, whenever it is convenient for you.
More About Our Ohio-Based Online MBA Program, Available Wherever You Are
Serving students in the local markets of Cleveland, Akron, and Youngstown, as well as virtual students across the state and country, our online MBA program is accessible from practically anywhere. Our curriculum is rigorous yet manageable and provides a host of benefits to dedicated professionals who are looking to earn their MBA degree online.
Kent State University’s Online MBA program is ranked number one by MBA Central, an organization that was formed in 2015 as a resource for editorially unique B-school rankings. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report has awarded our program with the #1 online MBA program ranking in northern Ohio.
In addition, the majority of Kent State’s core MBA courses are Quality Matters certified, meaning they meet rigorous standards of quality, and the remaining core courses are expected to be Quality Matters certified prior to the Fall 2020 Semester.
Below, you will find a number of features that make us stand out compared to other online MBA programs. As you read through this list, if have any questions about the program, please do not hesitate to give us a call today at 330-672-2282.
Associate Dean for Graduate and Online Programs
Podcast: Assessing Personality Traits for Leadership Development
Mark Whitmore, assistant professor in the Department of Management and Information Systems, teaches leadership and professional development courses in the College’s Online and Executive MBA programs. In this podcast, Whitmore shares about the Workplace Big 5 assessment tool that helps students learn about their leadership style and practice skills in a simulated environment. Listen to learn more about the how studying personality traits can help guide leadership development.
As a university with a program that is nationally ranked, we are looking for students who are motivated and dedicated who can benefit from our high-quality faculty and courses.
To do this, we have created a master’s in business program that will be challenging but rewarding. Some aspects that you will expect to find as a student include:
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) Accreditation
- This accreditation is one of the most widely recognized in the world and has been awarded to only a select network of business programs since 1916
- Kent State’s College of Business Administration is among less than 1% of business schools worldwide to hold dual accreditation
Ability to Enroll into the Online MBA Program Any Semester
- This program admits three times per year - fall, spring and summer semesters
- Courses are in 8-week modules – students can start the program and always find beginning-level courses
Program Concentrations Available for Specialized Learning
- Business Analytics
- International Business
Study Abroad Opportunity Available for Online MBA Students
- There is an option to participate in the program’s study abroad course
- This international course fulfills some of the program’s required elective credits
A Master of Business Administration with Case-Based Curriculum
- The accelerated 8-week modules allow students to get to the application of subjects much sooner through the use of case study projects
Proudly Taught by a Nationally Ranked Faculty
- Within our online MBA program in Ohio, our qualified faculty members are noted academics and leaders in their fields, and are frequently sought out as experts in their subject areas
- Our faculty members have a variety of published research in their area of expertise and are dedicated to student growth and development
Prior Business-Related Degree Is Not Required
- A bachelor’s degree is required for admission into this program, but the degree does not need to be in business or from a business school
Busy Schedule? You Can Go at Your Own Pace with Our Courses
- If you choose to participate in earning your MBA degree online at a full-time pace, it can be completed in as little as 12 months (however the option to spread courses out over a longer time period is also available)
- Within these two timeframes, courses may be completed at your own pace while adhering to your own schedule
Students seeking an MBA degree online with diverse and applied MBA courses will find what they are looking for within the master’s program at Kent State.
Whether these classes are taken in the comfort of your own home, at work, or anywhere else, the topics that will be covered during the online MBA program include:
- Global Technology
- Human Resource Management
- Operations, Service and Supply Chain
- Law and Ethics
Our online MBA program offers Quality Matters certified courses that cover all aspects of business administration.
Students who are ready to begin taking courses but are unable to meet the deadline with application materials should ask about the option to apply as a Graduate, Non-Degree Seeking student. This option only calls for a $15 fee, along with required transcripts and resumé.
Non-Degree students can take up to 12 credit hours to give them more time to gather all materials needed for the Online MBA application and to enroll in a subsequent semester.
The courses taken as a Non-Degree Seeking student would count toward the online MBA degree once a student is admitted.
Admission Requirements for Our Master of Business Administration Online Program
In order to earn your MBA degree online, you do not have to be based in Ohio. However, there are a number of requirements needed from each applicant to be considered for admission.
Because our graduate programs are highly competitive, we are looking for students with wide-ranging backgrounds and aspirations. If you think our online MBA program would be a good fit for you, please apply with the following:
- Letters of Recommendation
- GMAT or GRE scores *
- Statement of Goals and Objectives
*GMAT/GRE can be waived by exception.
There is potential for a GMAT/GRE test score waiver for Online MBA applicants who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Applicant holds a terminal degree such as a PhD, DBA, EDD, MD, PharmD or JD
- Applicant holds an undergraduate degree with a GPA of 3.5+ and a minimum of 10 years professional full-time work experience, typically post-bachelor's degree
Otherwise, either a GMAT or GRE score is required. If you have any questions about compiling these documents or need additional clarification, please reach out to our team today!
|THE ONLINE MBA PROGRAM||APPLICATION DEADLINE|
|Fall Semester||July 15|
|Spring Semester||December 1|
|Summer Semester||May 15|
Kent State offers a best-value online MBA program compared with many other universities with Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation.
- Ohio residents' tuition: $830 per credit hour
- Non-Ohio residents' tuition: $840 per credit hour
- All Online MBA students have a $12 per credit hour distance learning fee in addition to the above tuition rate.
- The program is 37 credit hours, making the total tuition cost +/- $30,000. Applicants with two or more years of full-time work experience, post-bachelor's degree, will have 1 credit hour (professional development) waived.
- An estimate per course for books and supplies is $150.
There is a separate fee for webinars which come in an 18-month subscription. These five self-paced instructional webinars provide an introduction and review of the subjects that may cause some challenges: accounting and spreadsheets, finance, economics, and statistics. The subscription is comparable in cost to that of books and supplies for one course.
No matter what time of year it is, students can begin the application process for our master’s in business administration program. Given the fact that we offer fall, spring and summer semesters, we offer the flexibility for students to start their online MBA applications at any time.
Do not miss out on the opportunity to be a part of a unique, accelerated, high-quality online MBA program. You will learn valuable aspects of business, have the opportunity to study abroad, and be able to network with faculty, business leaders, and students from a wide variety of backgrounds. Earing your MBA degree online at Kent State allows you to do all of this all while on your own schedule, wherever your location may be.
If you would like to learn more about our online MBA program, we encourage you to do one or all of the following:
- Attend an in-person or virtual (online via webinar) information session
- Request more information from our program directors
- Apply to our graduate program online!
Program Coordinator: Amy Kittle