- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
The application steps vary slightly by program; however all study abroad students must submit an application through our online application system, StudioAbroad.
Non-Kent State Students
Non-Kent State students must first apply as a guest student before applying through StudioAbroad by applying to Kent State University via the Guest Application.
How to apply and log in using StudioAbroad
For a detailed, visual step by step guide on how to apply, please refer to our application instructions pdf (if you are using Chrome, the pdf may have trouble openning).
1. Go to StudioAbroad and find the program for which you want to apply.
2. Click Apply Now.
3. Follow the prompts to be taken to the application page.
4. Fill out the components of the application checklist – as parts are finished, you will see check marks to indicate completed items.
- Material Submissions: These are documents that you must turn in physical or electronic copies of to the Office of Global Education. When OGE receives your documents, a staff member will check off that material.
- Signature Documents: These are items to read and e-sign, acknowledging that you read them. Read these carefully. As you e-sign them, they will check off automatically.
- Recommendations (if applicable): Enter in the names and emails of two people to submit recommendations for you. When your reference has submitted the recommendation, it will be automatically checked off.
- Application Questionnaires: These are online questionnaires that ask for certain information from you, or they will ask you to upload certain documents. They will be checked off once you submit the questionnaire.
5. You can exit out anytime and finish your application at a later date.
6. When all your items have check marks, your application is considered complete.
7. After acceptance, while you’re abroad, and after you return, you will see new parts of the application open that will need to be completed.