The application steps vary slightly by program; however all education abroad students must submit an application through our online application system.
Non-Kent State Students
Non-Kent State students must first apply as a guest student before applying through our online system. If you are not a Kent State student, you can apply via the Guest Application.
How to Apply
For a detailed, visual step by step guide on how to apply, please refer to our application instructions pdf (if you are using Chrome, the PDF may have trouble opening).
1. Go to the program database and find the program for which you want to apply.
2. Click "Apply Now."
3. Follow the prompts to be taken to the application page.
4. Complete all items on the application checklist – as items are finished, they will be shown under your "Completed Items" tab.
- Material Submissions: These are documents that you must turn in physical or electronic copies of to the Office of Global Education. When OGE receives your documents, a staff member will check off that material.
- Signature Documents: These are items to read and e-sign, acknowledging that you read them. Read these carefully. As you e-sign them, they will check off automatically.
- Recommendations (if applicable): Enter in the names and emails of two people to submit recommendations for you. When your reference has submitted the recommendation, it will be automatically checked off.
- Application Questionnaires: These are online questionnaires that ask for certain information from you, or they will ask you to upload certain documents. They will be checked off once you submit the questionnaire.
5. You can exit out anytime and finish your application at a later date.
6. When all your items have been completed, your application is considered complete.
7. After acceptance, while you are abroad, and after you return, you will see new parts of the application open that will need to be completed.