The Kent Chorus consists of approximately 100 singers, making it one of the largest choirs on campus
The Kent Chorus performs two concerts per year and regularly collaborates with the KSU Orchestra and Wind Ensemble, as well as other professional orchestras in northeast Ohio.
- Kent Chorus rehearses Tuesday evenings from 7:15 p.m. to 9:45 p.m.
- The first rehearsal is on the first Tuesday of the fall and spring semesters.
- No audition is necessary to join!
- Membership is open to the broader NE Ohio community and all Kent State University students, faculty, and staff who have previous choral experience.
- Anyone interested in joining is invited to attend the first rehearsal of each semester for a brief voice placement.
Academic Credit Participants
- Want to take this for academic credit? Register for course number MUS 45121 (Undergraduates) or MUS 55121 (Graduate Students).
- Current Kent State students enrolled in classes must register for the class to participate.
- Let us know you're interested!
- Join us during one of the first three rehearsals of the semester. We'll let you know when and where the first rehearsal will be!
- You will also be asked to sign the Kent State Volunteer Assignment Form and Release.
Dr. Scott MacPherson, Director of Choral Studies
330-672-2909 | email@example.com