Kent State University Gospel Choir
The Kent State Gospel Choir is a diverse and welcoming ensemble for people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
Members of the group represent different ages, ethnicities, races, majors, sexual orientations and religious beliefs, making the Kent State University Gospel Choir one of the most diverse organizations and/or ensembles on campus. The choir was founded in 1996 by KSU emerita faculty member Dr. Linda B. Angotti.
The Kent State University Gospel Choir enjoys an excellent local, regional, national and international reputation. The choir has performed in Europe and the Bahamas, was invited to perform for two Kent State University presidential inaugurations (2007, 2015) and performs regularly for diverse campus-wide events. The choir performs at various conferences, festivals and churches across the country.
Joining the Choir
- No formal audition is required! Join through a simple voice placement by coming to the first rehearsal of the semester.
- Open to Kent State University students, faculty, staff and alumni as well as members of the greater NE Ohio community.
Academic Credit Participants
- Want to take this for academic credit? Register for MUS 45151 (Undergraduates) or MUS 55151 (Graduate Students).
- Current Kent State students enrolled in classes must register for the class to participate.
Non-academic Credit Participants
- Let us know you're interested!
- We'll let you know when and where the first rehearsal will be.
- You will also be asked to sign the Kent State Volunteer Assignment Form and Release.
- The first rehearsal is the first Monday of the fall and spring semesters.
- Every Monday, 5:30 p.m. -7:30 p.m. during the academic year.
Rodney Hubbard, Director
330-672-2172 | firstname.lastname@example.org