Nursing Home Administration Accreditation
Kent State University’s Nursing Home Administration program, which is a concentration within the Human Development and Family Studies major, is accredited by the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) through November 2026.
NAB is an accrediting agency for institutions with programs in long term care administration. Kent’s Nursing Home Administration program is one of fifteen NAB accredited programs in the country and one of five in the state of Ohio. Here at Kent State, NAB accredits the Nursing Home Administration program on a five-year cycle.
The NAB standards are based upon five domains: client/resident services management; human resource management; leadership and governance; physical environment management; financial management.
The criteria for accreditation:
- Evidence of incorporation of contents of the domains of practice in the program
- Incorporation of a 1,000 (minimum) hour internship program
- Quality program direction
- Faculty meet the needs of the program
- Other staff adequate to the program
- Fiscal resources
- Physical resources
- Long term care holdings and student access to these holdings.
- Access to current technologies.
- Other criteria