Financial Aid for Summer and Guest Students
Are you planning on taking summer classes at Kent State Geauga and the Twinsburg Academic Center?
Summer Financial Aid Information
- Using grants, loans, or work-study in summer may affect your overall Cost of Attendance, adjusting eligibility for need-based aid.
- Loan eligibility will be split into one-thirds to help cover tuition costs (as long as a student is taking six credit hours or more each semester, and the student wishes to borrow aid).
How to Apply for Summer Financial Aid
Students must follow the steps in FlashLine to assist the financial aid office in developing the appropriate financial aid package based on their enrollment plans for the 2021-2022 academic year. For more information about using financial aid for Summer 2021 classes, visit Summer Financial Aid.
- Complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA
- Register for summer classes.
- After you complete the FAFSA and register for classes, do the following:
- Log on to FlashLine and select Student from the main menu.
- Under Finances, click on Financial Aid.
- Click on Financial Aid Awards, select the 2021-2022 Award Year, and submit.
- Select the Resources/Additional Information Information tab.
- Answer the questions on this tab to determine your enrollment plans and click submit.
- You must enroll in at least six hours for summer if using loans.
- You must accept your loans in FlashLine.
Students must follow the steps in FlashLine to assist the financial aid office in developing the appropriate financial aid package based on their enrollment plans for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Guest Student Financial Aid Information
- Students currently enrolled at Kent State University who wish to take classes at another institution should contact the Kent State Geauga and Twinsburg Academic Center Financial Aid Office at 440-834-3744.