Apply Now

Congratulations! You've taken the first step toward advancing your education. In today's economy continuing your education is often the only way to meet your professional goals.

Please select the appropriate button below to read tips for each application type or to apply. Call the Kent State Geauga Campus and Twinsburg Academic Center Admissions Office at 440-834-3777 if you are not sure about which application type you need.

Application Deadlines

  • Fall - Apply by August 15
  • Spring - Apply by January 3
  • Summer - Apply by May 1

If you have not attended any college, university, technical, or proprietary school after graduation from high school you will apply as a new freshman. Students who have completed college coursework while in high school will also apply as a new freshman.

If you have enrolled in a college, university, technical, or proprietary school after graduation from high school you will apply as a transfer student.

If you have received a baccalaureate degree from a college or university and wish to take additional undergraduate courses. There are two types of post-undergraduate applicants:

  • Post-undergraduate degree-seeking applicants: Students who are interested in pursuing an additional bachelor's degree
  • Post-undergraduate non-degree-seeking applicants: Students who are interested in taking additional undergraduate coursework, but do not plan to pursue an additional bachelor's degree

The College Credit Plus (CCP) program allows qualified 7th through 12th graders to take college-level classes.

Students who would like to take a limited number of undergraduate courses for credit will apply as a guest student. In order to apply as a guest, students must have graduated from high school or have earned a GED certificate or the equivalent, and/or be currently enrolled at another institution. Guest students can only enroll for up to 18-semester hours and cannot earn a degree as a guest student. In addition, guest students cannot apply for financial aid through Kent State University; financial aid questions should be referred to the guest student's home institution's financial aid office.

Important Forms

Attended Kent State University before and want to return? Complete the Reenrollment form. Students who have completed coursework at another institution since attending Kent State will need to reapply as a transfer student.

Attended Kent State University and were dismissed? Complete the Reinstatement form.

Are you an incoming student who needs to update information on an application or move the application to another Kent State Campus? Complete the Application Information Update for Incoming Students Form and return to Admissions or to the Student Services Desk at the Geauga Campus(Kent State University Geauga, ATTN: Admissions, 14111 Claridon-Troy Road, Burton, Ohio 44021) to make the following changes to an application: Address/Contact Information, Major or Program Change, Campus Change, or Term Change.