Transfer Student

A transfer student has enrolled in a college, university, technical or proprietary school after graduation from high school, but has not completed a bachelor's degree. 

You are still considered a transfer student even if you don't think your previous credits will transfer to Kent State.


1. Pay the $40 non-refundable application fee

2. Submit official high school transcript or GED transcripts (unless you have successfully completed 12 or more college-level semester hours).

3. Submit official transcripts from every college or university you attended after high school (or after receiving your GED), even if you feel credit will not be transferable. Failure to report previously attended colleges or universities is falsification and may result in denial of admission or dismissal from the university. To request official transcripts be sent, see the instructions below.

4. If applicable, submit official College Credit Plus transcripts from the college or university (not high school) from which college credit was awarded. To request official transcripts to be sent, see the instructions below.

Ready to apply?
Complete the Transfer Student Application

Former Students

Did you attend Kent State University before and want to return? Complete the Reenrollment Form. Students who have completed coursework at another institution since attending Kent State will need to reapply as a transfer student.

Did you attend Kent State University and were you dismissed? Complete the Reinstatement Form.

Transfer Credit

Kent State Transfer Credit Guide
Find out how courses you have taken at your previous institution(s) may transfer to Kent State.

Transferology is a nation-wide network designed to help students explore college transfer options. It saves students time and money by providing a quick, intuitive way of getting college transfer credit questions answered.


Official Transcripts
Transcripts are considered official only if they arrive in a sealed letterhead envelope from a high school, college or university. Transcripts issued directly to the student will be accepted only if the envelope is unopened. Once the envelope seal has been broken by someone other than a university employee, the transcript becomes unofficial.

Send official transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
Kent State University at Geauga
14111 Claridon-Troy Road
Burton, OH 44021

Electronic transcripts:
Electronic transcripts can be sent through the state system, which is only available for Ohio schools. Parchment and/or eScrip-Safe transcripts can be emailed to

Office of Admissions