Distance & Online Learning
Many courses can be taken online through Kent State Geauga Campus and the Twinsburg Academic Center. Instructors use Blackboard Learn to manage their courses regardless of whether the classes are live or online.
Learn how to navigate and use Blackboard Learn:
Is online learning right for you? If you answer "yes" to at least 6 of these questions, then online learning is the right path to take. If you need to strengthen these skills, please speak with an advisor.
- Do you have (or are you willing to obtain) a computer and Internet access at home?
- Do you feel that high-quality learning can take place without having face-to-face interaction?
- Can you dedicate 4 to 6 hours a week (anytime during the day or night) to participate in the learning process?
- Are you a self-motivated and self-disciplined person?
- When it comes to schoolwork and deadlines, do you plan your time accordingly?
- Are you comfortable communicating in writing?
- Do you enjoy reading?
- Are discussion forums helpful to you?
- Are you comfortable with email, computers, and new technologies?
- Are you successful learning independently?