Academic Services offers the following placement testing:
- ALEKS placement testing (may be taken online from home)
- ALEKS re-assessment (must be proctored, contact Brandie Blankenship)
- ACCUPLACER Reading and WritePlacer®
Admitted students should review the information listed below to determine if they need to take any placement tests. Placement test results are used by academic advisors to determine proper course placement, so it is important that students try their best. There is no fee to take placement tests; however, only students admitted to Kent State University at Geauga and the Twinsburg Academic Center can take the placement tests.
College Credit Plus (includes students in grades 7 - 12)
- If you do not have ACT or SAT scores, or your scores are over two years old, you may need to take the ACCUPLACER Reading and WritePlacer® placement exam. View eligibility guidelines.
- Specific Accuplacer testing times are available for CCP students.
New Freshman (includes any student who has never attended college)
- Please refer to your acceptance packet or contact the Admissions Office to see if you need to take ALEKS.
Transfer Students (includes any student who has previously attended college)
- Please refer to your acceptance packet or contact the Admissions Office if you are unsure if you need to test.
How to Take ALEKS and ACCUPLACER Reading and WritePlacer®
ALEKS: View the Kent website for more information on how to take ALEKS.
ACCUPLACER: To schedule an appointment to take ACCUPLACER, register online at the campus location of your choice.
Test Preparation: While not required, we encourage students to take advantage of free test preparation materials available at the following links: ALEKS Test Prep, ACCUPLACER Reading Test Prep, and Writeplacer Test Prep.