SEARCH KENT STATE
The Office of Academic Services offers the following placement testing:
Admitted students should review the information listed below to determine if they need to take any placement tests. Placement test results are used by academic advisors to determine proper course placement. There is no fee to take placement tests; however, only students admitted to Kent State University at Geauga and Regional Academic Center can take the placement tests.
College Credit Plus (includes students in grades 7 - 12)
• If you do not have ACT or SAT scores, or your scores are over 2 years old, you will need to take the Accuplacer Reading Comprehension and Writeplacer.
• Specific Accuplacer testing times are availavle for CCP students. Click here for a complete list.
New Freshman (includes any student who has never attended college)
• If you do not have ACT or SAT scores or your scores are over 2 years old, you will need to take the Reading Comprehension and Writeplacer Accuplacer Assessments. You will also need to take the ALEKS Math assessment.
• If you have ACT or SAT scores, those scores will be used to place you into English and Reading courses, and help place you into the correct Math course. However, all Kent State University students are required to take the ALEKS assessment to ensure accurate placement into Math courses.
Transfer Students (includes any student who has previously attended college)
• If you have not successfully passed (C or better) college-level English and/or Math, you will need to take Accuplacer and/or ALEKS.
• If you have successfully passed college-level English and Math, you will not need to take any assessments, unless your degree program requires it (i.e. Associate Degree in Nursing)
How to take ALEKS and ACCUPLACER
ALEKS: For more information on how to take ALEKS, please click here.
ACCUPLACER: To schedule an appointment to take Accuplacer, register online or call the campus location of your choice.
Fall 2019 New Freshman and Transfer Students are welcome to register for the following dates:
Additional dates and times will be added in early March.
Placement Test Preparation
Math Placement Practice:
Accuplacer (Reading and Writing) Practice
For more information, please call 440-834-4187 (Burton) or 330-888-6400 (Twinsburg).