Academic Services offers the following placement testing:
- ALEKS placement testing (may be taken online from home)
- ALEKS re-assessment (must be taken at the Geauga Campus or Regional Academic Center)
- Accuplacer Next-Generation Reading and Writeplacer placement exams
Admitted students should review the information listed below to determine if they need to take any placement tests. Placement test results are used by academic advisors to determine proper course placement. There is no fee to take placement tests; however, only students admitted to Kent State University at Geauga and the Regional Academic Center can take the placement tests.
College Credit Plus (includes students in grades 7 - 12)
- If you do not have ACT or SAT scores, or your scores are over two years old, you will need to take the Accuplacer Next-Generation Reading and Writeplacer placement exam.
- Specific Accuplacer testing times are available for CCP students. View the complete list.
New Freshman (includes any student who has never attended college)
- If you do not have ACT or SAT scores or your scores are over two years old, you will need to take the Accuplacer Next-Generation Reading and Writeplacer placement exam. You will also need to take the ALEKS Math assessment.
- If you have ACT or SAT scores, those scores will be used to place you into English and Reading courses, and help place you into the correct Math course. However, all Kent State University students are required to take the ALEKS assessment to ensure accurate placement into Math courses.
Transfer Students (includes any student who has previously attended college)
- If you have not successfully passed (C or better) college-level English and/or Math, you will need to take Accuplacer and/or ALEKS.
- If you have successfully passed college-level English and Math, you will not need to take any assessments, unless your degree program requires it (e.g., Associate Degree in Nursing).
How to Take ALEKS and ACCUPLACER
- ALEKS: View the Kent website for more information on how to take ALEKS.
- Accuplacer: To schedule an appointment to take Accuplacer, register online at the campus location of your choice.
- Test Preparation: While not required, we encourage students to take advantage of free test preparation materials available at the following links: ALEKS Test Prep, Accuplacer Next-Generation Reading Test Prep, and Writeplacer Test Prep.
- Please contact our Academic Services Department at with any questions you may have about test preparation.
|Wednesday, August 14||9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.|
|Wednesday, August 21||3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|