Newly Admitted Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to Kent State University Geauga and Twinsburg Academic Center!
We are here for you! During the university’s COVID-19 pandemic response, our admissions team is available to help you with your next steps. Please email us with any questions or concerns you may have.
Newly Admitted Students
Please follow the steps below to ensure that our staff will be able to assist you in the successful completion of enrollment.
- Log in to FlashLine, Kent State University’s student portal. Instructions are included in your acceptance packet. For additional help, please visit our FlashLine login help page.
- Take all necessary placement exams. Please refer to your acceptance packet and/or application portal to see if you need to take any assessments. To accurately place you in appropriate college courses, your advisor will use your high school GPA, ACT/SAT scores, and/or placement test score. All placement testing must be completed prior to scheduling classes.
- ALEKS Math may be completed from home or anywhere you have Internet access through FlashLine. Once logged in, click on Student in the left column, then look under Resources and click Placement Assessments.
- Attend orientation, advising, and registration.
- New freshmen must attend orientation on campus or virtually. Check your email for registration instructions.
- Transfer students and post-undergraduate students, upon completion of placement exams (if necessary), please call your campus location of choice to schedule an advising appointment or visit KSU Advising. Orientation is not required for transfer and post-undergraduate students.
- Guest students, please refer to your acceptance packet for course registration instructions. If you have questions, call your campus location of choice to schedule an advising appointment or visit KSU Advising. Orientation is not required for guest or transient students.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for federal financial assistance, such as grants, loans, and/or work-study. Students will be emailed registration information on how to access orientation.
Search and apply for scholarships.
- Follow us on social media.
Contact the Admissions Office by email or by phone at 440-834-4187 at the Geauga Campus or 330-888-6400 at the Twinsburg Academic Center.