Mechanical Engineering Technology
Mechanical engineering technology is one of the most versatile engineering disciplines. Our program will prepare you for employment in:
For more information:
- Why the Mechanical Engineering Technology program?
- Why choose KSU Tuscarawas?
- Contact Information
Why the Mechanical Engineering Technology Program?
- Develop problem solving skills, communications expertise and knowledge of practical applications demanded by the complex world of modern industry.
- Learn how to program and operate CNC machines, industrial robots, microcontrollers and rapid prototyping machines used in manufacturing.
- Obtain the technical skills needed design, test and manufacture products, systems and devices.
- ABET accredited degree.
- All credit hours earned in the Associate of Applied Science degree program in Mechanical Engineering Technology count toward the Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Technology, Mechanical/Systems concentration.
Why choose KSU Tuscarawas?
Kent State University at Tuscarawas has a lot going for it:
- Tuition is low.
- Flexible scheduling options include evening and distance learning classes.
- Classes are small.
- Instructors are professionals, not graduate students, and have real-life experience.
- KSU Tuscarawas is connected to the local community.
- Local companies seek our graduates.
- Campus is local, laid back and the parking is free!
This degree prepares you for positions both locally and nationally in the following industries:
- engineering services
- federal government
-research and development
Graduates of our two-year associate degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology program are likely to enter the workforce with position titles such as:
- Engineering Technician
- Design Specialist
- Mechanical Designer
- Project Engineer
Graduates of engineering technology programs normally work within the engineering team in:
- applied design
- project management
- product development
- manufacturing production
- manufacturing operations
- field engineering
The Kent State Tuscarawas faculty have considerable industrial experience in their respective fields of specialization, in addition to their academic preparation at the advanced degree level.
Examples of companies which have hired graduates of our two-year Mechanical Engineering Technology program include:
- Allied Machine and Engineering Corp., Dover, OH
- Esmet Inc., Canton, OH
- Gradall Industries, New Philadelphia, OH
- Meteor Sealing Systems, Dover, OH
- The M.K. Morse Company, Canton, OH
- Progressive Foam Technologies, Beach City, OH
- ProVia, Sugarcreek, OH
The Associate of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and Mechanical Engineering Technology Program Criteria.
ABET also requires an established set of outcomes for each of its programs that describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time they graduate. Graduates of our Mechanical Engineering Technology program will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering and technology to solve mechanical engineering technology problems that require limited application of principles but extensive practical knowledge.
- Design solutions for well-defined mechanical engineering technology problems and assist with the design of systems, components, or processes for solving broad mechanical engineering technology problems.
- Apply written, oral and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments, and proficiently use technical reference material.
- Conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and analyze and interpret the results.
- Function effectively as a member of a technical team.
- Understand and commit to address professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
The 2018-2022 enrollment data for the Associate of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering technology degree are below:
|Number of Enrolled Students||58||39||23||34||29|
The following chart lists the number of graduates from 2016-2022.
|Number of Graduates||9||10||12||17||13||5||10|
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Paul Dykshoorn, Engineering Technology Director, 330-308-7475 | email@example.com