Associate of Arts
ASSOCIATE OF ARTS
The Associate of Arts degree is a generalist program that serves many purposes.
- The degree serves students who want a broad education by sampling a variety of different subject areas, and those who are planning to complete a bachelor's degree program or advance in their careers by holding a degree.
- Due to the general nature of the program, students may specialize in a field of study that will meet their specific educational needs.
THIS PROGRAM IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF
- You seek a general education in a variety of different subject areas.
- You need a higher education degree to advance in your current job
- You are unsure what you’d like to focus on but are considering a four-year Bachelor of Arts degree in the future.
THIS PROGRAM WILL TEACH YOU TO
- Acquire critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Apply principles of effective written and oral communication
- Broaden their imagination and develop their creativity
- Cultivate their natural curiosity and begin a lifelong pursuit of knowledge
- Develop competencies and values vital to responsible uses of information and technology
- Engage in independent thinking, develop their own voice and vision and become informed, responsible citizens
- Improve their understanding of issues and behaviors concerning inclusion, community, and tolerance
- Increase their awareness of ethical implications