Information Technology (AAB)
ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED BUSINESS IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
The Associate of Applied Business degree in Information Technology provides students with a core curriculum of programming, operating systems and networks, website development, hardware, security fundamentals, and workgroup productivity technologies.
If you are interested in a bachelor's degree, visit our Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) degree webpage.
The Information Technology major comprises the following concentrations:
- The Application Development Technology concentration prepares students for various professional certifications and positions such as computer programmer/application developer using industry-standard languages and technologies.
- The General Technology concentration prepares students for entry-level positions in small- and medium-sized organizations that require computer staff to perform a wide variety of technical duties.
- The Internet/Multimedia Technology concentration prepares students for various professional certifications and positions in Web development, social media, and digital media.
- The Network Technology concentration prepares students for various professional certifications and positions in tech support and networking fields administering Windows-based systems.
THIS PROGRAM IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF
- You enjoy learning about new and upcoming technologies.
- You like to help people and have good communication skills.
- You like a balance of working with your hands and in an office setting.
THIS PROGRAM WILL TEACH YOU
- Demonstrate core IT competency in networking and convergence; servers, storage, and virtualization; client computing and user support; digital media and immersive technology; database and information management; and programming and application development.
- Function effectively as a member of a diverse team to accomplish common goals.
- Read and interpret technical information, as well as listen effectively to, communicate orally with, and write clearly for a wide range of audiences.
- Engage in continuous learning as well as research and assess new ideas and information to provide the capabilities for lifelong learning.
- Exhibit professional, legal, and ethical behavior.
- Demonstrate business awareness and workplace effectiveness.