The reinstatement process must be followed for any former student who has been academically dismissed from any campus of Kent State University.
Before reinstatement can be considered, a student who is dismissed should expect to be away from the university for a minimum of 12 consecutive months.
To be considered for reinstatement, you must complete the reinstatement process by the following dates if you wish to return for that semester:
- Fall Semester: July 15
- Spring Semester: November 15
- Summer Term: April 15
STEPS TO COMPLETE THE REINSTATEMENT PROCESS
STEP 1: SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING REINSTATEMENT MATERIALS BY THE DEADLINE
- Print and complete the Reinstatement Application
- Email completed reinstatement application to Megan Krippel
- Mail your official college transcripts from every college or university you have attended since your dismissal from Kent State, even if you feel credit will not be transferable. Failure to report previously attended colleges or universities is falsification and may result in denial of your reinstatement application.
- Mailing address: 14111 Claridon-Troy Road, Burton, OH 44021
STEP 2: WAIT FOR CORRESPONDENCE FROM THE DIRECTOR OF Enrollment Management
- Approximately two weeks after we receive your complete reinstatement materials (including official transcripts), you will be sent an email regarding your reinstatement status. This email will be sent to the email address you supplied on your reinstatement application.
If your reinstatement application has been approved, the $25 reinstatement fee will be assessed to your account and you will need to do the following:
STEP 3: SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH AN ACADEMIC ADVISOR
STEP 4: FINANCIAL AID
- If you are applying for financial aid, you should contact a financial aid staff member to determine your eligibility. Visit the Financial Aid website for more information.
Director, Enrollment Management and Student Support Services