Earth Day Celebration
Kent State University at Stark welcomes you to campus for our annual Earth Day Celebration.
2022 EARTH DAY CELEBRATION
Sunday, April 24
1 - 4 p.m.
Campus Center and Pond & Wetlands Area
Kent State University at Stark
Enjoy a free, family friendly afternoon filled with environmental educational activities, nature walks, scavenger hunt, games, crafts, mock fossil digs, entertainment, giveaways and much more!
Reservations are not required.
Midwest ComTel will be collecting used electronics. A box truck will be parked near the Earth Day Celebration entrance for you to dispose of your used electronics for recycling. See what they accept.
EARTH DAY CELEBRATION PARTICIPANTS
- The Brewer-Garret Company
- Canton Audobon Society
- Creative Recyled Art
- Earth Fare
- Environmental Education Council of Ohio
- Goldfish Swim School
- Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio Inc.
- Haymaker Tree and Lawn
- LeafFilter North, LLC
- Jackson Township Fire Department
- Massillon Museum
- Midwest ComTel Inc.
- Mr. Eric's Music/Kids Music
- ODNR--Division of Forestry & Ohio Chapter ISA
- Ohio EPA
- Ohio Ocean Foundation
- Petitti’s Garden Center
- Stark County Health Department
- Stark County Master Gardener Volunteers
- Stark Parks
- Stark Tuscarawas Wayne Recycling District
- The Stock Pile
- US Army Corps of Engineers
From pre-event activities and promotion, to encouraging exhibitors to make changes to post-event clean up and waste removal, we will be mindful and intentional in the amount of waste generated.
Low-waste efforts include:
- Eliminating the promotional postcard. We have increased social media promotion in place of the postcard.
- Encouraging exhibitors to print double-sided if they will be utilizing handouts.
- Encouraging exhibitors to use recyclable materials for their displays and activities.
- Creating signage on recycled pallets to communicate the event agenda, directional signage and sponsor information.