Earth Day Celebration
Kent State University at Stark welcomes you to campus for our annual Earth Day Celebration.
2023 EARTH DAY CELEBRATION
Sunday, April 23
1 - 4 p.m.
Campus Center and Pond & Wetlands Area
Kent State University at Stark
Enjoy a free, family friendly afternoon filled with environmental educational activities, nature walks, scavenger hunt, games, crafts, mock fossil digs, entertainment, giveaways and much more!
Reservations are not required.
EARTH DAY CELEBRATION PARTICIPANTS
- The Brewer-Garret Company
- Canton Audubon Society
- Creative Recyled Art
- Earth Fare
- Environmental Education Council of Ohio
- Goldfish Swim School
- Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio Inc.
- Haymaker Tree and Lawn
- Jackson Township Fire Department
- Massillon Museum
- Midwest ComTel Inc.
- Mr. Eric's Music/Kids Music
- ODNR--Division of Forestry & Ohio Chapter ISA
- Ohio EPA
- Ohio Ocean Foundation
- Petitti’s Garden Center
- Stark County Beekeepers Association
- Stark County Health Department
- Stark County Master Gardener Volunteers
- Stark Parks
- Stark Tuscarawas Wayne Recycling District
- The Stock Pile
- US Army Corps of Engineers
From pre-event activities and promotion, to encouraging exhibitors to make changes to post-event clean up and waste removal, we will be mindful and intentional in the amount of waste generated.
Low-waste efforts include:
- Eliminating the promotional postcard. We have increased social media promotion in place of the postcard.
- Encouraging exhibitors to print double-sided if they will be utilizing handouts.
- Encouraging exhibitors to use recyclable materials for their displays and activities.