As part of our commitment to motivate you to improve your health and fitness level, everyone is required to fill out membership paperwork to use the facility.
Orientation paperwork can be completed and turned in to the Recreation and Wellness Center reception desk or, it can be completed in person during center hours.
CENTER IS OPEN AT NO COST TO
- Currently enrolled Kent State Stark students
- Kent State faculty, staff and alumni (alumni - limited use during peak academic class times)
- Spouses of Kent State faculty, staff and administrators, family members, dependents and significant others of Kent State faculty, staff and administrators. Dependents must be at least 16 years of age to use the facility.
- Retired Kent State faculty, staff and administrators
- Stark State College faculty and staff
- Stark County Educational Services Center employees
STARK STATE COLLEGE STUDENTS - $25 PER SEMESTER
- Register at the front desk in the Recreation & Wellness Center
- Bring your ID and a copy of your current Stark State College schedule
- Cost: $25 per semester; cash only
REQUIRED ORIENTATION PAPERWORK
Print and complete the following forms and bring them to the center, along with your FLASHcard, during any of our open hours and begin working toward a healthy new you! Forms may also be obtained and completed at the center.
- Athletic attire is required. T-shirts, shorts, sweats, and athletic shoes appropriate for the activity are recommended. No work boots, flip flops, leotards, blue jeans, mid-drifts, sleeveless shirts or tank tops allowed in the open recreation areas. Slightly different attire may be authorized for academic classes.
- Street shoes are not permitted. Clean, closed-toe, non-marking athletic footwear must be worn in the dance studio, on the gymnasium floor, and while using the equipment in the fitness area.
- Dress code must be followed.
- All personal belongings must be kept in the locker room.
- The following are prohibited in the center and may result in immediate removal from the facility:
- Smoking or chewing tobacco
- Bouncing balls against the walls
- Children under the age of 16
- Spitting on the floor or in the fountains
- Horseplay and foul language of any kind
- Inappropriate use of the equipment or facility in any way which may result in risk, injury, or harm to participants or others
- To ensure proper hygiene, all users will be required to wipe off each machine after use. Sanitizer spray bottles and paper towels will be made available in all areas of the facility.
- Participants are also encouraged to bring a separate T-shirt for use of the weight machines after cardiovascular training if they sweat profusely.
- Return free weights, barbells, and dumbbells to their proper location.
- During peak/busy time periods, a 30-minute time limit will be imposed on all cardiovascular equipment.
- Use of collars and proper, safe-lifting techniques are required ensure safety and prevent the possibility of injury or harm to participants.
- No dropping of dumbbells is permitted. No banging of the weight machines or free weights is allowed.
- No chalk, use of additional devices or personal equipment is permitted.