Gallery 6000 Opens the Vista Botanica Exhibit
Kent State University at Stark is proud to host the Gallery 6000 exhibit, entitled Vista Botanica.
The exhibit, which is open to the public, is on display through October 30 in the Conference Center Dining Room, 6000 Frank Avenue NW in Jackson Township. Viewing hours (weekdays only) may vary depending upon other events scheduled in the Dining Room. Visitors to the exhibit should call 330-244-3300 in advance to confirm available viewing time.
Gallery 6000 is a collaboration between local artists and Kent State Stark, showcasing art of various media throughout the year. Vista Botanica features the art of five area artists who offer unique explorations of landscape and botanical themes. The dining room gallery features works by Carolyn Jacob, Judi Krew, Eleanor Kuder, Margo Miller and Ron Watson. Most of the displayed pieces of the Vista Botanica exhibit are for sale. The curator of Gallery 6000, Tom Wachunas, is an artist and adjunct instructor at Kent State Stark.
The Vista Botanica exhibit will open with an artists’ reception on Wednesday, Sept. 16 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at the Conference Center. Please RSVP to Lori at 330-244-3518 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The reception is free and open to the public. Representatives of the press are encouraged to attend.
About the artworks:
- The photographic images by Jacob are stunning celebrations of both floral simplicity and poetic abstraction.
- Krew’s recent acrylic canvases explore exotic cactus and floral forms saturated in electrified colors.
- Mixed media works on paper by Kuder mesmerize with their intricate organic structures and color dynamics.
- Miller’s large oil paintings are beautifully expressionistic homages to lush foliage and sylvan settings.
- Velvety charcoal drawings by Watson are haunting studies of serene landscapes.
For more information on the Vista Botanica exhibit or Gallery 6000 at Kent State Stark, contact Lori at 330-244-3518 or email@example.com. Kent State Stark features additional art exhibits in the campus galleries located in Main Hall’s lower level and the Fine Arts Building. View a schedule of campus exhibits at www.kent.edu/stark/art-exhibitions.
Photograph caption: Eleanor Kuder’s oil pastel and ink on paper, entitled In the Garden, is one of the many pieces of artwork on display in the Vista Botanica exhibit at Kent State University at Stark.