Nominate an Outstanding Professor at Kent State Stark
Outstanding professors have comprehensive knowledge of their fields, effectively and resourcefully organize and present material, and stimulate student thinking and understanding.
Students, alumni, faculty and staff are invited to submit nominations for such an outstanding professor at Kent State Stark.
Based on your nominations, a full-time faculty recipient (or recipients) will be awarded the Distinguished Teaching Award, and an adjunct (part-time) faculty recipient (or recipients) will be awarded the Award of Distinction.
Award recipients will be announced in May. A selection committee consisting of diverse Kent State Stark faculty will choose the recipients.
The following criteria is used in the selection process:
- Evidence of comprehensive knowledge and mastery of subject matter
- Cultivates a rigorous and intellectually active learning environment
- Stimulates critical thinking and thought-provoking engagement
- Evidence of an impact on students’ educational goals, career coals, and personal achievements
- Demonstrates a dedication to teaching
- Engages in mentoring and advising
- Evidence of innovative practices related to pedagogy, assessment, curriculum, and/or course design
- Motivates or inspires students to go beyond expected learning
- Exemplifies ability to adapt to students’ learning needs
- Evidence of effective communication
- Provides clear expectations and constructive feedback
- Exercises respect, fairness, and open-mindedness
These awards are not popularity contests. Simply submitting a faculty member's name is not enough. Only those nominations which thoroughly answer the questions addressing why the faculty member is outstanding will be accepted by the selection committee.
Deadline to submit nominations: Sunday, Dec. 17, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
Questions about the 2023-24 nomination process can be directed to:
Dr. Alexis Baker