Smart Start Saturday New Student Orientation Held on August 27 at 9 a.m.
Kent State University at Stark welcomes new students to campus on August 27 for Smart Start Saturday.
This is your new student orientation that will prepare you for the first day of classes - and your new college life. Smart Start Saturday is for new and transfer students at Kent State Stark starting in Fall 2016. Attendance is mandatory.
- Parental/guest attendance is optional, but welcome! (limit 2 parents/guests per student)
- Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. on the Main Hall Patio. Program begins promptly at 9 a.m.
- Find out what you need to know for the first day of classes
- Participate in new and transfer Student Orientation Sessions, such as:
- ALEKS Introduction for Basic Algebra
- How to Navigate FlashLine & Blackboard
- Managing Life & the Classroom
- Let Student Involvement Connect YOU
- Importance of Choosing a Major Early
- Recreation & Wellness Tour and Programs
- Multicultural Services & Study Abroad Opportunities
- Student Support Services & Resources
- Paying for College
- Library Tour
- Internship & Career Services
- Separate sessions just for your parents/guests (students and parents/guests will be separated for part of the program)
- Enjoy a complimentary lunch for you and your parents/guests
- Receive a free Kent State Stark picnic blanket (1 per student/family)
- Pick up or buy your books at the Bookstore before or after the event
- Get your Kent State FLASHcard
- Take a "find your classrooms" tour
KINDLY RSVP BY AUGUST 25
Sorry, we are no longer taking reservations. Walk-ins are welcome Saturday morning. Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Limit 2 parents/guests per student.
During Smart Start Saturday, students and guests will be walking between buildings on campus. Please wear comfortable walking shoes, dress for the weather and bring umbrellas in case of rain.
SERVICE AREA HOURS:
- Student Services:
8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Library Hours:
9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Parking Services:
10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Assistant Director for FYE
Office of Student Services
132 Main Hall