Engineering Technology Job Opportunities
Please view the available positions below from local companies. If you are qualified and would like your resume sent to the company for review, please email it to Amy Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word format with the position listed in the subject line/body.
Freeport Press STILL OPEN!!
ROLE: The role of this position is to be exposed to and assist in obtaining optimal performance of all building systems and equipment used in the production areas for the manufacturing of commercial publications.
- Assist with repairs to electrical equipment, including automated machines, conveyor systems, controls, panels, relays, circuit breakers, communication systems and alarms.
- Assist with troubleshoot PLC’s, motor controls, industrial systems networking and servo systems including low voltage DC up through 480 volt three-phase power.
- On-the-job training to utilize working knowledge and experience in the areas of VFDs, motors/wiring configurations, PLCs, computers, electrical schematics, control circuits, electrical distribution systems.
- Assist in performing complex assignments.
- Assist in performing preventative maintenance.
- Assist and participate in analyzing and planning for future equipment recommendations and replacements.
- Assist in and share technical assistance with other maintenance technicians.
- Ability to work from heights via ladders and manlifts.
- Works from blueprints, drawings, sketches or layouts.
- On-the-job training to learn knowledge of techniques, materials, tools and equipment used.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and proactive approach with equipment maintenance.
- Candidates should be enrolled in a bachelor’s degree, associate degree or certificate program studying electrical, mechanical, or electro/mechanical engineering technology, industrial maintenance, industrial technology or manufacturing.
- Basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, industrial safety and math.
- Computer - average skills in Windows; AutoCAD.
- Analytical – above average ability to breakdown an activity, recommend a solution and
- implement the solution.
- Organizational – effectiveness and efficiency in getting information and completing tasks.
- Communication – able to communicate effectively within and outside the sphere of influence.
- Interpersonal – can lead/train less experienced maintenance employees.
- Attention to detail – follows instructions, identifies areas of improvement throughout the company.
- Accountability – responsible for yourself.
- Commitment to Service - willing to do what is needed to serve others.
Tusco Display NEW!!
Job Title: Engineering Intern
Purpose: This engineering position requires a limited amount of engineering experience and typically has no experience with company products or manufacturing processes. He or she will be responsible for assisting in the documentation of products and processes throughout the organization. This person works closely with Engineering, Project Leaders and Manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Proficient use and knowledge of company computer aided drafting/engineering software for the creation of engineering drawings.
- Documentation of the method of manufacturing including the operations and bill of materials within the company’s ERP system.
- Creating templates and tooling for use during the manufacturing process to ensure the production of quality parts.
- Documentation of work instructions for processes throughout the organization.
- Creating and updating engineering standards for consistency in our documentation.
- Assisting quality with the inspection of parts and materials.
- Development of lean tools and their application in a manufacturing environment.
Note: Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Conclusion: The position of Engineering Intern is critical for the development of engineering talent within our company. This position serves as a starting point for many career paths at Tusco Display and a opportunity for growth in many aspects of the individuals career.
Core Values: In order for Tusco Display to succeed, our associates must share three core values. We build respectful relationships. We hold ourselves accountable and our partners accountable. Finally, we think ahead and move ahead. We sum these up as Respect, Accountability and Initiative.
Qualifications: This person will be self-motivated and productive with limited supervision. They must be organized and able to communicate well with all levels of the organization.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent and currently enrolled in college pursuing a degree in an engineering field.
Norris Manufacturing NEW!!
Mechanical Designer, Heavy Equipment, Manufacturing
Join a growing, industry leading, fast-paced machine manufacturing company ready to add a Mechanical Designer. If you have experience and enthusiasm for machine design/build, strong hands-on mechanical aptitude, we would like to talk with you. Our company designs and builds custom high quality hydraulic heavy equipment excavators. This is your chance to become a part of an industry leading team working on a dynamic product.
You will work with talented equipment builders and fabricators that build, design and troubleshoot hydraulic heavy equipment machinery. Be involved with engineering and fabrication from conception, design, drawing, material lists, build and trouble-shooting through delivery. You will possess strong communication skills and be highly detail oriented with drawings and documentation. You will be comfortable working with a variety of personalities supporting the manufacturing, assembly and production teams.
- Full Time
- Experience in design, fabrication and troubleshooting of machinery
- Ability to evaluate various concepts and designs and identify the best direction
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Proficient in Solid Works and understanding of drafting standards
- Solid communication and technical writing skills
- Proficient with entire Microsoft suite
- Familiarity with heavy equipment preferred
- Some AutoCad desired
- 2 yrs. Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technologies
- Project management skills a plus
Job Type: Full-time
If you are qualified and would like your resume sent to the company for review, please email it to Amy Bowers at email@example.com in Microsoft Word format with the position listed in the subject line/body.