Engineering Technology Job Opportunities
Please view the available positions below from local companies. If you are qualified and would like your resume sent to the company for review, please email it to Amy Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word format with the position listed in the subject line/body.
Novelis Aluminum (Formerly Aleris) STILL OPEN!!
Come join a company that is investing and expanding! Novelis (formally known as Aleris) is currently seeking Juniors and Seniors who are interested in an Engineering Internship at our Uhrichsville, Ohio facility.
The successful candidate must be fully committed to engaging in safe working practices, driven to learn new processes and procedures, and have the ability to work as part of a team to achieve safety, quality and performance goals.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- To be successful, a candidate must have the ability to:
- Perform Engineering drawing modifications, must have AutoCAD experience
- Maintain Engineering documentation system
- Provide support for both Electrical and Mechanical Engineering projects
- Troubleshoot a variety of equipment including mills, mobile equipment and furnaces
- Maintain/Refurbish caster critical parts
- Must be a full- or part-time junior or above attending a two or four year college/technical school. Candidates will be considered a junior if he/she will have completed all sophomore credits (60 or more hours or 90 quarter hours) by the time the internship begins and will be entering at least the junior year immediately upon the start date of the internship.
- Students must maintain a "C" average or above under the system of grading used by the institution. Records will be required at the beginning of each new semester.
- Intern assignments will be established on a temporary basis for up to a period of two (2) years or upon completing coursework (whichever is shorter in length).
Opened in 1985, Novelis in Uhrichsville, Ohio employs more than 350 people, making us one of Tuscarawas County's largest employers. The facility produces rolled aluminum sheet for building and construction, transportation and consumer durable applications.
If interested, apply directly at https://novelis.com/careers/, Search Uhrichsville, OH under location.
Harris Battery STILL OPEN!!
Overview: Full-time Technical/Engineer Support Person
- Assist with production
- Involved in engineering and product design, assemble, prototyping, documentation, technical and sales support
- Mechanically Inclined
- Ability to start a project to completion with little guidance
- Attention to details
- Ability to travel when needed
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Basic electrical knowledge and strong problem solving skills
- Fast learner
- 2/3 D CAD Design / SOLIDWORKS experience a plus
The M.K. Morse Company STILL OPEN!!
Located in Canton
High paying jobs available...with Benefits!
- Signing bonus
- Annual bonus
- Industry leading paid time off
- Contributions to 401K
- Company paid health-care
Want to see what a job at M.K. Morse is like? Give us a call at 330-453-8187 to shadow an employee for a few hours. (Receive a gift bag)
United Architectural Metals STILL OPEN!!
Computer Aided Design Technicians
North Canton, OH
Join their preconstruction department in North Canton, Ohio. This position offers a unique opportunity to work alongside world famous architecture firms to develop custom building enclosures across the United States.
- Draft and design detailed drawings in 2D and 3D utilizing AutoCAD, Rhino, and Revit
- Include all dimensions necessary to communicate design intent and be able to provide the required information for manufacturing
- Follow job guidelines as described in the architectural drawings and specifications
- Apply CAD standards to all drawings
- Collaborate with other designers, engineers, and technicians to create modern designs
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Accredited certificate and or degree in Architecture, Architectural Drafting, Business Administration, Construction Management, Mechanical Drafting, or Civil Engineering.
- Be proficient in AutoCAD
- Experience in 2D and 3D drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills
Extreme Trailers LLC STILL OPEN!!
Fall Engineering Internship
Extreme Trailers LLC is the premier manufacturer of industry leading products for the commercial trucking industry with our industry best tare weight flatbed trailers, step deck trailers, multi-axle trailers, dump trailers and more. We are changing the way customers think about doing business. Extreme Trailers manufacturing facility is located in Dover, Ohio and is growing at a steady pace. Due to this growth there is an immediate opening for an Engineering Internship.
Desired candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Use of AutoCAD Inventor to support 3-D Modeling of components
- Creation and support of 2D drawings and specification documentation
- Check drawings, Bill of Materials, etc. for accuracy
- Create Bill of Materials and upload to MRP system
- Creation of drawing and work instruction packets
- ECR and ECN processing
- Design work for assigned ECRs using 3D AutoCAD
Techman Sales Inc. NEW!!
Technical Sales Engineer
Located in Lexington, OH
Techman Sales is a global business development organization focused on providing engineered solutions to the following customer base: Automotive, Major Appliance, Industrial and Heavy Truck Industries.
We are seeking an experienced self-motivated, and technically proficient Business Development Engineer to join our team in Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio or Michigan. The ideal candidate will be responsible to drive business growth at key target customers, leading to long-term high value relationships.
The ideal candidate will hold an engineering degree with 3 to 5 years’ experience of selling or program management with engineered components. This candidate must be a self-starter who can work with a team of highly motivated individuals in a fast-paced environment. Experience in developing and executing a sales and business strategy of an engineered product will be an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibility of the Technical Sales Engineer position is to proactively drive program development and the sale of our Principals’ products into applications at the target customers.
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering.
- Sales and/or Program Management experience in the Major Appliance, Automotive, Industrial, or Heavy Truck Industries.
- Ability to travel and interact in different cultures, international travel experience a plus.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a manufacturing environment.
- Understand new product qualification, program management, APQP, PPAP and other processes required to launch new products.
- Technical background in the metals industry is a plus.
- Comprehension of fundamental financial statements (Profit & Loss, Balance sheet)
Competitive compensation and complete benefit package, including platinum health care and
BlueStreak Consulting New!!
Located in Cleveland
ABOUT BLUESTREAK CONSULTING: BlueStreak Consulting works with national and local clients, retailers, developers, contractors, builders, manufacturers, architects, and engineers on new ground-up buildings and facility renovations. With an office based in Cleveland, our engineers are licensed nationally for mechanical, electrical, and structural services.
JOB TITLE: Electrical Designer
JOB DESCRIPTION: Candidate will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the electrical design of the construction drawings for assigned projects and collaborating with architects, outside engineering consultants, building code officials, manufacturers, contractors, vendors, developers, and clients.
Candidate must be a positive team player, be personable and a clear communicator. Attentiveness to clients’ needs is critical. An ideal candidate will match the company’s relaxed, collaborative office culture and bring energy and artistry into their work.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Learn more about us at http://www.bluestreak-consulting.com/
Submit resume to email@example.com
If you are qualified and would like your resume sent to the company for review, please email it to Amy Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word format with the position listed in the subject line/body.