Engineering Technology Job Opportunities
Please view the available positions below from local companies. If you are qualified and would like your resume sent to the company for review, please email it to Amy Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word format with the position listed in the subject line/body.
Novelis Aluminum (Formerly Aleris) STILL OPEN!!
Come join a company that is investing and expanding! Novelis (formally known as Aleris) is currently seeking Juniors and Seniors who are interested in an Engineering Internship at our Uhrichsville, Ohio facility.
The successful candidate must be fully committed to engaging in safe working practices, driven to learn new processes and procedures, and have the ability to work as part of a team to achieve safety, quality and performance goals.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- To be successful, a candidate must have the ability to:
- Perform Engineering drawing modifications, must have AutoCAD experience
- Maintain Engineering documentation system
- Provide support for both Electrical and Mechanical Engineering projects
- Troubleshoot a variety of equipment including mills, mobile equipment and furnaces
- Maintain/Refurbish caster critical parts
- Must be a full- or part-time junior or above attending a two or four year college/technical school. Candidates will be considered a junior if he/she will have completed all sophomore credits (60 or more hours or 90 quarter hours) by the time the internship begins and will be entering at least the junior year immediately upon the start date of the internship.
- Students must maintain a "C" average or above under the system of grading used by the institution. Records will be required at the beginning of each new semester.
- Intern assignments will be established on a temporary basis for up to a period of two (2) years or upon completing coursework (whichever is shorter in length).
Opened in 1985, Novelis in Uhrichsville, Ohio employs more than 350 people, making us one of Tuscarawas County's largest employers. The facility produces rolled aluminum sheet for building and construction, transportation and consumer durable applications.
If interested, apply directly at https://novelis.com/careers/, Search Uhrichsville, OH under location.
Ohio Gratings, Inc. NEW!!
SUMMARY: Drafter - Architectural & Specialty Products prepares detailed drawings of parts of structures from contract drawings and general design drawings as well as making revision and creating bills of material. Provides technical support to sales and operations personnel in a timely fashion.
This job description does not describe all activities, duties, responsibilities or physical demands that are required of the employee for this job. Likewise, the work environment described is merely representative. Duties, responsibilities, activities, physical demands and work environment may change at any time, with or without notice.
- Utilize knowledge of various manufacturing machinery and processes, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Show dimensions, material to be used, and other information necessary to make detailed drawing clear and complete.
- Develop bills of material, material take-offs, tolerance and dimensioning of products, welding and manufacturing symbols, and other requirements to produce the product.
- Accurately document adjustments or engineering drawing changes necessary or desired drawings, bill of materials, and related documents.
- Adhere to department policies and procedures for detailing, estimating and engineering drawings.
- Recommend changes to the product which would improve cost, delivery, and quality for the customer.
- Participates in overall product strategy, development, and manufacturing coordination for new, existing, and emerging products.
- Communicate and coordinate with account and project managers any project-specific information.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups (Manufacturing, Logistics, Accounting, and suppliers) to resolve product-related customer and production issues.
- Keep personal and common work areas clean, neat and organized.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Detailing Manager.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND PROFICIENCIES: 2 or 4 year degree in Engineering, Drafting/Design or technical studies. Experience with metals, welding symbols and manufacturing processes is a plus. Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) suite of applications, AutoCAD 2007 and MRP/ERP system experience. Must have a high level of energy, result oriented and confident. Must be able to establish and maintain a strong rapport and positive relationship with all levels within the organization. This individual must be strategic in orientation, proactive, persistent and able to handle multiple projects and/or customers simultaneously, as well as work within a very fast-paced environment.
If interested, please apply directly at: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/OHI1001OHIOG/JobBoard/c6fb195f-0a40-4768-...
Marsh Industries NEW!!
Manufacturing Engineer Intern- Summer
Summary: Support position to Manufacturing, Engineering and other areas of the Company by preparing layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches, diagrams, bills of materials and assisting in key continuous improvement projects. This detail-oriented position participates in or leads initiatives to standardize and document existing processes. Makes simple decisions but refers most questions/problems to supervisor. Identifies and documents opportunities to further improve manufacturing processes.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (Autodesk AutoCAD LT) equipment and software to develop product, layout and machine drawings.
- Creates and revises production drawings (detail and assembly drawings).
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Communicates with tooling, QA, engineering and manufacturing regarding new and revised prints.
- Design or assist in designing fixtures or tooling needed for product manufacturing
- Participates in or leads continuous improvement projects
- Evaluate existing procedures and production methods for opportunities for improvement
- Perform time studies to support evaluation of labor standards
- Process development, improvement and documentation
- Development / refinement of work instructions
- Development of procedures, forms, checklists and schedules required to support these activities
- Participate in testing, measuring and validation of prototypes and sample builds
- Work with Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure product readiness for manufacturing
- Assist in implementation of Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Additional activities may be assigned based on current requirements and intern development
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably Manufacturing or Mechanical
- Strong spatial and mechanical reasoning skills.
- Communications Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Collaboration Skills.
McWane Ductile NEW!!
Location: Coshocton, OH
Directly reports to
The Estimator will be responsible for reviewing plans, drawings, and specifications to identify opportunities for a project and produce quotations. They will also oversee specification and reviews for incoming plans. They will have the ability to measure and track general contract reviews. They will need to be able to communicate estimations and modifications across McWane divisions and facilities needed to meet customer and deadline demands and tabulate a comprehensive product opportunity in the form of a takeoff.
- Ability to read drawings and blueprints.
- Develop a takeoff of products in estimations to produce a quote.
- Review and interpret specifications.
- Takeoff of available products.
- Communicate with RSM and reps to produce quotation.
- Communicate with 3rd party vendors to get actuation costs for producing valve quotes where required.
- Communicate with painting vendors on special paints or with accessory vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Building Science, Construction Management, or related field from an accredited college/university.
- Minimum two (2) years of estimator experience in heavy industrial manufacturing in the general waterworks products industry.
- Project management experience and project management software skills.
- Detail oriented, adept at reading documents and engineering drawings and specifications.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Mechanical aptitude or engineering background.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple projects with attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Management, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited college/university.
- Experienced with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and able to guide a team in leveraging CRM tools to track, manage and measure department activities. (Position will use Microsoft Dynamics CRM).
- Familiarity other industry technology-based productivity tools and construction project databases. (ConstructConnect/iSquareFoot, etc.); CPQ (configure, price, quote) software tools; and team productivity tools (Slack, Trello, etc.)
- Experience with legal contracts and interface with legal teams.
Harris Battery NEW!!
Overview: Full-time Technical/Engineer Support Person
- Assist with production
- Involved in engineering and product design, assemble, prototyping, documentation, technical and sales support
- Mechanically Inclined
- Ability to start a project to completion with little guidance
- Attention to details
- Ability to travel when needed
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Basic electrical knowledge and strong problem solving skills
- Fast learner
- 2/3 D CAD Design / SOLIDWORKS experience a plus
Extreme Trailers LLC NEW!!
Extreme Trailers LLC is the premier manufacturer of industry leading products for the commercial trucking industry with our industry best tare weight flatbed trailers, step deck trailers, multi-axle trailers, dump trailers and more. We are changing the way customers think about doing business. Extreme Trailers manufacturing facility is located in Dover, Ohio and is growing at a steady pace. Due to this growth there is an immediate opening for a Draftsman position (Mechanical Engineering).
Desired candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Product design and development
- Use of AutoCAD Inventor to support 3-D Modeling of components
- Creation and support of 2D drawings and specification documentation
- Provide Engineering and Technical Support to Purchasing
- Check drawings, Bill of Materials, etc. for accuracy
- Create Bill of Materials and upload to MRP system
- Creation of drawing and work instruction packets
- ECR and ECN management
- Design work for assigned ECRs using 3D CAD
Job Type: Full-time
- Effective Time Management skills
- Strong Analytical, Mathematical, and Problem-Solving skills
- Experience in 3-D Modeling Software; AutoCAD Inventor (preferred)
- Bill of material entry and structure
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Associate of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field (preferred)
- A combination of education/experience will be considered in lieu of a degree (3-year min)
Company offers a competitive benefits package, including the following:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Paid holidays
- Eligibility for vacation based on length of service
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
If you are qualified and would like your resume sent to the company for review, please email it to Amy Bowers at email@example.com in Microsoft Word format with the position listed in the subject line/body.