Engineering Technology Job Opportunities
Please view the available positions below from local companies. If you are qualified and would like your resume sent to the company for review, please email it to Amy Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word format with the position listed in the subject line/body.
TimkenSteel STILL OPEN!!
Associate/Process Control Analyst/Engineer
Located in Canton
Purpose and Scope:
This position can work and/or be located at any of the three Canton steel plants (HSP, FSP or GSP). Assoc. Process Control Analysts/Engineers (PCE) are control system experts that provide advanced and highly specialized knowledge, technical skills, and consultation. This role is directly responsible for design, test, implementation, and troubleshooting of new processes, design and installs modification to existing systems; ensure high availability of key operating assets, development of new technology, providing recommendations on continuous improvement and new strategies to improve safety, quality, and efficiency, and supporting new business initiatives. PCEs are the highest level of production technical responsibility once the skills of the electrical/mechanical maintainers and technicians have been exhausted on a day-to-day basis.
- Analyze and understand assigned process area, debug, and make minor software changes to both PLC and higher-level computer control systems.
- Update and maintain control system software to allow for 24/7 operations including but not limited to applying current software patches (i.e. Windows Server, SQL Server, etc...), virus protection, and system backups.
- Use engineering skills and tools to design, test, implement small control system upgrades.
- Provide support to technicians, operations, and maintenance associates to troubleshoot and implement continuous improvement to enhance manufacturing process
- Continually learning to maintain an up-to-date knowledge technology and computer systems through self-study, experiments, conferences, and seminars.
- Effectively communicate technical information with plant management, bargaining unit workforce, and other disciplines at the appropriate technical level of the target audience.
- Interface with suppliers, vendors, contractors, OEMs and other parties to properly select, maintain equipment, and quickly resolve issues.
- Effectively perform all assigned work efficiently, on-time, and safely within a fast-paced work environment
- Update, maintain, and implement system area documentation including but not limited to Disaster Recovery Plans, complete all assigned training, follow all company audit policies
- High school diploma with at least 5 years of experience in Computer programming or Electrical Engineering
- Associate Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Electronic tech, Computer/other Science field with at least 2 years of experience in Computer programming or Electrical Engineering OR
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Electronic tech, Computer /other Science field with no experience in Computer programming or Electrical Engineering
- Working knowledge of PLC programming (Ladder, Structured Text, Function Block)
- Working knowledge of Intel PC-based computer hardware
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems (servers and work-stations)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Development tools (C#, MS-SQL, C++, VB)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc…)
- Understanding of networks and databases
- Basic understanding of electrical/electronics
Prestress Services STILL OPEN!!
Located in Columbus
As an Autocad Drafter, you will be responsible for creating project deliverable 3D models and 2D drawings for use by our production teams. You should be comfortable with performing routine modeling/drafting assignments within company and industry standards, be well organized, have a strong aptitude for follow-through, and able to work in an independent and self-directed manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce drawings consistent with construction, industry guidelines.
- Assist with the development of company modeling standards, libraries, and workflows.
- Clearly annotate, dimension and detail 2D production drawings from construction drawings.
- Manage the modeling workflow including folder organization, sheet sets, geo-location, plots, conversions, and transmittals.
- Maintain structural CAD files for use in the structural design drawings (clean-up, audit, reference, troubleshoot).
- Interface with engineers and clients to coordinate modeling content and approaches, model exchanges, quality control, and delivery.
- Prepare and review project deliverables for client submissions.
- Coordinate with the Drafting Manager and other departments within the company to perform assigned work tasks.
- Monitor work progress, anticipate changes or issues, and inform appropriate party.
- Use available internal and external resources to develop knowledge of structural systems and bring value to the design team.
- Experience with basic use of AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor, Tekla, SolidWorks and/or other 2D and 3D design software required
- Experience in the precast, prestressed, or concrete industry is a plus
WORK SCHEDULE, PERKS & BENEFITS
- This full-time position typically works 40 hours, Monday - Friday, 8am start. This is an onsite position at our corporate office in Columbus, OH.
- Overtime is seasonal, and may be required depending on plant scheduled.
- This position starts at a competitive wage based upon experience, up to $30.00 per hour.
We also offer generous benefits, including a monthly discretionary bonus, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, paid holidays and vacation, as well as tuition reimbursement. If this sounds like the right career opportunity for you, apply today!
Cooper Standard NEW!!
Responsible for special projects and related engineering assistance in support of manufacturing operations.
- Utilize engineering disciplines to trouble shoot shop floor activities and improve shop floor through put to reduce costs.
- Interacts with Divisional Engineering on new jobs related to PPAP and process items.
- Communicates foreseen issues with Technical Manager for discussion and possible resolution.
- Initiates job specifications for new jobs and provides this information to the New Job Specification Coordinator for entry into the Electronic Specification System.
- Obtains and fashions samples for Boundary Boards and other process documentation.
- Coordinates and performs initial trial runs on new processes and equipment. Notes and tracks issues for resolution.
- Initiates improvements to existing systems. Processes machinery and equipment to support manufacturing functions and operations.
- Creates or constructs bill of materials, process flows and process failure mode effective analysis (PFMEA)
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decision
- May make customer visitations for job product related involvement.
- Interacts with plant engineer, industrial engineering, quality manager and plant chemist on job related functions.
- May work with raw material suppliers on quality oriented problems.
- Keeps abreast of technology improvements, recommends and justifies implementation of equipment and process establishing cost reduction improvements.
- Works on continuous improvement programs and cost reduction projects.
- Maintains job records as required.
- Statistically analyzes gathered data in test runs and makes recommendations based upon analysis.
- May work with laboratory in conducting material and product test and evaluations.
- Works closely with shift supervisors and department managers to insure proper quality operations of materials and equipment on new job start-up.
- Provides assistance to plant technical manager on assigned projects.
- May, on occasion, be required to perform duties other than those specified in this description.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in an engineering discipline with 4 years of process engineering experience, or equivalent combination of less education and more related process engineering experience.
- Ability to focus and lead multi-disciplinary task teams and have previous experience in supervision in manufacturing.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing parts and processes.
- Will interact with all levels of management and must be able to communicate effectively.
GM&T Engineering, Inc NEW!!
Job Description: 3D Solidworks Designer (electrical-automotive). Full time.
Location: New Philadelphia-Ohio
- To route wire harnesses in 3D within an electrical vehicle.
- To interact with customer and review available space within the vehicle for routing.
- Ensure all electrical/electromechanical devices are connected in the 3D model.
- Validate 3D model against electrical schematics.
- Maintain 3D cad files.
- Monitor and report work progress
- Solidworks software experience.
- Associate, technical or bachelor degree holder.
- Microsoft office software (Excel, PowerPoint) experience.
- Positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills
Manufacturing Engineering Technician
A Manufacturing Engineer Technician is responsible for supporting the daily operation and processes in the facility. This includes but not limited to maintaining/improving equipment and processes in order to support the objective of the facility in terms of safety, quality, and productivity.
- Apply concepts and details of gauging, fixtures and tooling to assist in problem solving.
- Support the maintenance technicians anytime they’re struggling with effectively trouble shooting a production piece of equipment.
- Identify areas in which tooling, cleanliness, operation sequences, or manufacturing consistency can be improved to increase throughput or product quality.
- Help maintaining and controlling part programs for all equipment areas.
- When necessary, help to evaluate existing tooling and fixturing to determine optimum method of repair or improvement.
- Provide support to production associates as they assume greater responsibility in manufacturing functions
- Support engineering projects related to the improvement of the facility
- Able to understand and monitor PLC programs.
- Robotic programming experience.
- Basic understanding and exposure to parametric modeling and drafting using 3D CAD software
- Machining and welding capabilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Strong communication and project organization abilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Exhibit strong mechanical aptitude.
- Exhibit strong trouble shooting skills
- Weekend shift–Friday to Sunday
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K, pension
- Tuition reimbursement program
Oak Pointe LLC NEW!!
CAD and Programming
Our company is an established and growing manufacturer of finely crafted stair parts and other millwork. Join our CAD department. The successful candidate should be well organized, detail oriented, and have a strong CAD background. If you have a passion for exceeding customers’ expectations and have a strong work ethic, you may be a great fit for this position.
- With knowledge of the manufacturing process, prepare DWG files of custom products and convert them to PDF for customer’s review and approval before manufacturing.
- Stair design.
- Prepare DWG files for existing and new catalog parts.
- Prepare photo realistic 3D renderings for existing and new catalog parts and application drawings.
- Prepare tool paths for CNC machines and occasionally assist or run a CNC machine.
- Interact with office and production staff.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of AutoCAD or equal.
- 3D modeling with knowledge of Solidworks is preferred.
- Able to work independently and with others.
- Good typing skills and basic knowledge of MS Word, Excel & Outlook helpful.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Good communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Dependable and Reliable.
- Able to work independently and with others.
- Basic math skills, ability to use tape measures and calipers.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay based on qualifications with a semi-annual bonus.
- Paid holidays and vacation.
- 401K with match.
- Health Insurance.
- Dental & Vision coverage is available.
If you are qualified and would like your resume sent to the company for review, please email it to Amy Bowers at email@example.com in Microsoft Word format with the position listed in the subject line/body.