Engineering Technology Job Opportunities
Please view the available positions below from local companies. If you are qualified and would like your resume sent to the company for review, please email it to Amy Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word format with the position listed in the subject line/body.
Freeport Press STILL OPEN!!
ROLE: The role of this position is to be exposed to and assist in obtaining optimal performance of all building systems and equipment used in the production areas for the manufacturing of commercial publications.
- Assist with repairs to electrical equipment, including automated machines, conveyor systems, controls, panels, relays, circuit breakers, communication systems and alarms.
- Assist with troubleshoot PLC’s, motor controls, industrial systems networking and servo systems including low voltage DC up through 480 volt three-phase power.
- On-the-job training to utilize working knowledge and experience in the areas of VFDs, motors/wiring configurations, PLCs, computers, electrical schematics, control circuits, electrical distribution systems.
- Assist in performing complex assignments.
- Assist in performing preventative maintenance.
- Assist and participate in analyzing and planning for future equipment recommendations and replacements.
- Assist in and share technical assistance with other maintenance technicians.
- Ability to work from heights via ladders and manlifts.
- Works from blueprints, drawings, sketches or layouts.
- On-the-job training to learn knowledge of techniques, materials, tools and equipment used.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and proactive approach with equipment maintenance.
- Candidates should be enrolled in a bachelor’s degree, associate degree or certificate program studying electrical, mechanical, or electro/mechanical engineering technology, industrial maintenance, industrial technology or manufacturing.
- Basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, industrial safety and math.
- Computer - average skills in Windows; AutoCAD.
- Analytical – above average ability to breakdown an activity, recommend a solution and
- implement the solution.
- Organizational – effectiveness and efficiency in getting information and completing tasks.
- Communication – able to communicate effectively within and outside the sphere of influence.
- Interpersonal – can lead/train less experienced maintenance employees.
- Attention to detail – follows instructions, identifies areas of improvement throughout the company.
- Accountability – responsible for yourself.
- Commitment to Service - willing to do what is needed to serve others.
Marsh Industries NEW!!
Manufacturing Engineer Intern
Summary: Support position to Manufacturing, Engineering and other areas of the Company by preparing layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches, diagrams, bills of materials and assisting in key continuous improvement projects. This detail-oriented position participates in or leads initiatives to standardize and document existing processes. Makes simple decisions but refers most questions/problems to supervisor. Identifies and documents opportunities to further improve manufacturing processes.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (Autodesk AutoCAD LT) equipment and software to develop product, layout and machine drawings.
- Creates and revises production drawings (detail and assembly drawings).
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Communicates with tooling, QA, engineering and manufacturing regarding new and revised prints.
- Design or assist in designing fixtures or tooling needed for product manufacturing
- Participates in or leads continuous improvement projects
- Evaluate existing procedures and production methods for opportunities for improvement
- Perform time studies to support evaluation of labor standards
- Process development, improvement and documentation
- Development / refinement of work instructions
- Development of procedures, forms, checklists and schedules required to support these activities
- Participate in testing, measuring and validation of prototypes and sample builds
- Work with Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure product readiness for manufacturing
- Assist in implementation of Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Additional activities may be assigned based on current requirements and intern development
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably Manufacturing or Mechanical
- Strong spatial and mechanical reasoning skills.
- Communications Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Collaboration Skills.
If you are qualified and would like your resume sent to the company for review, please email it to Amy Bowers at email@example.com in Microsoft Word format with the position listed in the subject line/body.