Engineering Technology Job Opportunities
Please view the available positions below from local companies. If you are qualified and would like your resume sent to the company for review, please email it to Amy Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word format with the position listed in the subject line/body.
Gradall Industries Inc. STILL OPEN!!
Various positions available. A position summary and essential functions of the respective positions can be found at www.gradall.com.
- Production Supervisor
- Engineering Assistant
- Apprenticeship Program
Lauren Illumination STILL OPEN!!
Lauren Illumination is seeking engineering Interns for full-time and part-time positions. The candidate must have a degree of the engineering discipline or be actively pursuing a degree such as electronic, electrical, and or mechanical. We are a small yet rapidly growing company with many opportunities. The candidate must be familiar with commercial and residential electrical construction. Familiarity with AutoCAD is required. The candidate must be willing to learn and develop innovative ideas and processes, and be willing to cultivate/execute said knowledge independently or in a group setting. The successful candidate will be assigned diverse engineering assignments including but not limited to the following:
- Photometric testing and prototyping of LED luminaries.
- Laboratory Testing and prototyping of LED systems and system components.
- Engineering specifying/drafting of LED systems and system components.
- Work with customers on lighting system layouts and create associated BOM
- Evaluate and modify production processes in respect to safety, ergonomics, and lean initiatives
Company: Aerotek NEW!!
Industry: Large Power Utility Company
Title: Transmission Outage Scheduler
Location: Columbus, OH
Status: Full Time
- Will be working with internal TFS (Transmission Field Services) and sub contract companies to provide technical coordination of maintenance/upgrades on substations.
- Will mainly be working in an office environment and communicating with field personnel.
- With guidance, develop fully integrated resource loaded and levelized TFS work schedules that optimize maintenance work plans, capital outage work, and other TFS work activities using Transmission approved scheduling software and tools.
- Comply with the Transmission Outage Management Strategy System (TOMSS) Business Rules and Processes.
- Manage TFS outage requests, including entering outages into TOA or its successor , verifying that all required outages have been entered, and ensuring that all outage requests are approved by TOps.
- Assist in organizing, coordinating and attending the TOMSS outage coordination meetings.
- Coordinate changes to the work schedule when an outage needs to be canceled or rescheduled.
- Assist in prioritizing outage reservations to optimize the benefit to company both in reliability and earnings.
- Develop, review, and present statistical reports related to work scheduling and adherence , crew utilization, etc.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with other sections/departments covering scheduling, staffing and outages.
- Promote professionalism, teamwork, and adherence to standards.
- Seeking someone that has the technical education they can train!
- Will be working at a utility service center with engineers and supervisors on a daily basis.
- Will travel very little in the field to substations where work is being completed.
Minimum Requirements :
- Education: Bachelor Degree in a related technical field such as Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management and 3 years’ experience; or an Associate Degree in a related technical field and 6 years’ experience; or high school diploma and 10 years utility field experience.
Are you a self-motivated, mechanically inclined individual who is organized and enjoys working hands on? Then this engineering intern role is for you!
- Work with maintenance on hands-on engineering projects
- Create and update electrical and mechanical drawings
- Work with computerized maintenance software
- Complete PLC or automation projects
- Enrolled in an engineering program (electrical or mechanical)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) experience or coursework
Why work at Boltaron?
Boltaron Inc. is a global technology leader in plastics manufacturing and is uniquely positioned to serve diverse industries including: aerospace, mass transportation, general thermoforming, corrosion resistant components and wall protection.
Boltaron promotes a strong team/family culture, provides great opportunity to make an impact and for growth, and offers an attractive benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, a 401 K Plan with a company match, and an incentive plan.
International Repair Technologies NEW!!
Electronics Engineer Assistant
Part-time, flexible hours adjustable to your schedule, primarily work remotely
International Repair Technologies is looking for an electronics engineer assistant. The candidate will work directly with:
Red Plate Technologies
219 North Main Street
Tuscarawas, OH 44682
Tom is responsible for hiring the assistant, who will work remotely, but will occasionally be needed on-site at Tom’s workshop in Tuscarawas.
Projects usually consist of reverse-engineering avionic equipment to provide the airline industry with either a second-source or a repair procedure/kit. LCD-related avionics are an IRT specialty, however, a variety of solutions are provided, including; switch assemblies, oxygen sensors, rotary encoders, various PCBs, etc.
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- AutoCAD or SolidWorks
- Electronic Devices (analog & digital)
- Technical Reading, Writing and Drawing Generation
- Good visual acuity (detailed inspections)
- Good manual dexterity (prototyping/construction with hand and small power tools)
The candidate should either be familiar with or interested in learning the following:
- Buyer/Planner - Quoting, pricing, sourcing, research/searching for components
- Researching and developing supply chains
- PCB Layout, wire-wrapping, soldering, de-soldering
- Electrical component, mechanical component and material selection
- Test equipment and cable harness design and construction
- Inspection and product qualification (electrical, mechanical, optical and environmental)
- Conformal coating, painting, airbrushing
- Document generation; work instructions with pictures, inspections forms, schematics, drawings
If you are qualified and would like your resume sent to the company for review, please email it to Amy Bowers at email@example.com in Microsoft Word format with the position listed in the subject line/body.