Engineering Technology Job Opportunities
Please view the available positions below from local companies. If you are qualified and would like your resume sent to the company for review, please email it to Amy Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word format with the position listed in the subject line/body.
Lauren Illumination STILL OPEN!!
Lauren Illumination is seeking engineering Interns for full-time and part-time positions. The candidate must have a degree of the engineering discipline or be actively pursuing a degree such as electronic, electrical, and or mechanical. We are a small yet rapidly growing company with many opportunities. The candidate must be familiar with commercial and residential electrical construction. Familiarity with AutoCAD is required. The candidate must be willing to learn and develop innovative ideas and processes, and be willing to cultivate/execute said knowledge independently or in a group setting. The successful candidate will be assigned diverse engineering assignments including but not limited to the following:
- Photometric testing and prototyping of LED luminaries.
- Laboratory Testing and prototyping of LED systems and system components.
- Engineering specifying/drafting of LED systems and system components.
- Work with customers on lighting system layouts and create associated BOM
- Evaluate and modify production processes in respect to safety, ergonomics, and lean initiatives
Beech Design and Manufacturing NEW!!
Job Type: Full Time – Salary
To determine and implement designs that meet cost objectives, schedule objectives, and meet customer requirements.
- Design electrical and mechanical customizations of material handling equipment such as conveyors, lift tables, stackers, etc.
- Communicate with customers to determine customer requirements, review specifications and supplied drawings, to determine effective designs.
- Determines schedules and costs associated with customer requirements to provide accurate proposals.
- Generate shop / approval drawings for customers to verify designs meet customer requirements.
- Generate / modify electrical control systems to meet customer requirements.
- Generate / modify production drawings for manufacturing personnel to produce approved customer designs.
- Communicate with manufacturing personnel to ensure production meets specifications and meets schedules.
- Communicate with customers to resolve installation and/or troubleshoot repair issues.
- Contributes to product improvement, new products, and product standardization.
Experience and Skills:
Required: 4 years college/university education in an engineering field
Experience with AutoCad, 3-D Modeling Software (SolidWorks+)
Desired experience: 3+ years professional engineering experience
Sperry & Rice NEW!!
Internship that leads towards an Engineering Technologist position, located in Killbuck
An engineering technologist is professionally trained to implement technology in the engineering field. This usually involves combining the basic principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and economics with current engineering standards. Engineering technology is used to test efficiency, improve design and solve problems relating to engineering and manufacturing. This position entails a vast array of responsibilities.
- Create production prints for both Killbuck and Brookville plants. Profiles and Mandrel Hoses.
- Reverse engineer hoses and profiles if a customer print not provided.
- Convert 3D hose drawings into 2D full scale production prints so they can produce the mandrels forms.
- Update REV levels /dates per new customer prints on all, 15000 plus, production prints.
- RFQ’s – Create profile areas and mandrel hose centerline lengths, communicate with customers to clarify requirements, assist estimator on processes, tooling, fixtures, and die costs.
- Tooling design – dies, fixtures, jigs, go-no-go gages, and anything needed.
- Aid in tooling design for any adaptations needed to improve inline processes with the engineering team.
- Create work instructions for individual rubber/plastic extrusion lines
- Keep databases for production drawings and projects up to date.
- Perform die trials on new projects and current parts (new dies once tolerances to upper or lower limits)
- Work with customers on ECN’s (Engineering Change Notices) and make the appropriate changes to our production prints and tooling.
- Use precision measurement equipment – Calipers, steel rules, lab equipment, etc.…
- AutoCAD 2D and 3D
- AutoCAD Inventor – 3D Solid Modeling
- Microsoft Office 365, Visio, Excel, Word, Project
- QI Macros
- Complex problem solving
- Advanced mathematics
- Materials and Processes
- Read blueprints and CAD drawings
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances
- Process flow diagrams
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and planning skills
- Recommend corrective or preventive actions to assure or improve product quality or reliability.
- PPAP, APQP, CLD testing, FMEA, PFMEA, EFMEA, SPC’s, QI Macros (Histograms, Cause and Effect diagrams, Pareto charts, Scatter charts, Xbar charts, CpK, PpK, Gage R &R, Control Charts, Gantt Charts, etc...)
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance.
- Prepare layouts, drawings, or sketches of machinery or equipment, such as shop tooling, scale layouts, or new equipment design, using drafting equipment or computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Create graphical representations of industrial production systems.
- Create production drawings to scale to allow products to be produced accurately to customer requirements and tolerances.
- Identify and implement new manufacturing technologies, processes, or equipment.
- Implement design or process improvements.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in quality, cost, or efficiency of automation equipment.
- Design industrial equipment.
- Monitor or measure manufacturing processes to identify ways to reduce losses, decrease time requirements, or improve quality.
- Monitor the productivity or efficiency of industrial operations.
- Ensure adherence to safety rules and practices.
- Develop or maintain programs associated with automated production equipment.
- Develop technical methods or processes.
- Estimate manufacturing costs.
- Estimate operational costs.
- Install and evaluate manufacturing equipment, materials, or components.
- Evaluate characteristics of equipment or systems.
- Install production equipment or systems.
- Oversee equipment start-up, characterization, qualification, or release.
- Direct quality control activities.
- Develop production, inventory, or quality assurance programs.
- Develop technical methods or processes.
- Create computer applications for manufacturing processes or operations, using computer-aided design (CAD) or computer-assisted manufacturing (CAM) tools.
- Verify weights, measurements, counts, or calculations and record results on batch records.
- Verify mathematical calculations.
- Design plant layouts or production facilities.
- Design structures or facilities.
- Operate complex processing equipment.
- Operate industrial equipment – Can use/operate all tools and machines in Die Shop.
- Train manufacturing technicians on topics such as safety, health, fire prevention, or quality.
- Teach safety standards or environmental compliance methods.
Gradall Industries Inc. NEW!!
Various positions available. A position summary and essential functions of the respective positions can be found at www.gradall.com.
- Fabrication Thermal Cutting
- Design Engineer
- Electromechanical Technician
HINES SPECIALTY VEHICLE GROUP NEW!!
Compensation: $44,770 - $56,090 annual salary
General Summary: Creates complete 3-D models using SolidWorks. Creates all detail drawings and prepares Bills of Materials. Prepares ECNs following the Change Management Process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and revises CAD models and drawings of parts for production.
- Contribute in a team-working environment according to HSVG Core Values.
- Creates simple layouts of parts and assemblies for review.
- Creates drawings of HSVG design concepts for presentation to current or potential customers.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned. To ensure all designs meet design quality, supply and serviceability requirements
- Responsible that all designs be complete and fully documented in models, drawings and Bill of Materials
- Provide support and work closely with other functions in the organization as per needed and prioritized by Engineering Supervision.
- Associates degree in related field plus three years of practical experience in engineering.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Extensive knowledge and experience with using both Solid works and Catalog Creator
- Good understanding of common engineering standards for mobile equipment product development (3D- modelling, design & drafting, GD&T)
- Good understanding in one or more of the following technical areas; mechanical, hydraulics, electrical and other engineering techniques and development processes
- Understanding machined steel fabrications manufacturing techniques and processes, as well as assembly techniques for mobile equipment
- Team working skills
- Application knowledge of mobile equipment, preferably with heavy truck chassis and systems
- Recognize the Quality Management System in place at HSVG and participate in the processes and procedures in the QMS
Tusco Display NEW!!
Purpose: This engineering position requires a limited amount of engineering experience and typically has no experience with company products or manufacturing processes. He or she will be responsible for assisting in the documentation of products and processes throughout the organization. This person works closely with Engineering, Project Leaders and Manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Proficient use and knowledge of company computer aided drafting/engineering software for the creation of engineering drawings.
- Documentation of the method of manufacturing including the operations and bill of materials within the company’s ERP system.
- Creating templates and tooling for use during the manufacturing process to ensure the production of quality parts.
- Documentation of work instructions for processes throughout the organization.
- Creating and updating engineering standards for consistency in our documentation.
- Assisting quality with the inspection of parts and materials.
- Development of lean tools and their application in a manufacturing environment.
Note: Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Conclusion: The position of Engineering Intern is critical for the development of engineering talent within our company. This position serves as a starting point for many career paths at Tusco Display and a opportunity for growth in many aspects of the individuals career.
Core Values: In order for Tusco Display to succeed, our associates must share three core values. We build respectful relationships. We hold ourselves accountable and our partners accountable. Finally, we think ahead and move ahead. We sum these up as Respect, Accountability and Initiative.
Qualifications: This person will be self-motivated and productive with limited supervision. They must be organized and able to communicate well with all levels of the organization.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent and currently enrolled in college pursuing a degree in an engineering field.
For this full-time salary position, Boltaron is looking for a well-organized team player with technical ability. Striving for perfection, this individual must possess patience and strong attention to detail.
- Create graphic designs for marketing literature
- Develop PowerPoint presentations for sales efforts
- Create social media and website content promoting Boltaron and its products
- Work with a team to create new graphic designs for decorative plastic products for the aviation interiors market
- Work directly with customers to develop and adjust artwork to meet their application requirements
- Support production in the manufacture of final products utilizing graphic designs
- Bachelor degree in graphic design
- Proficient with Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Technical abilities utilizing graphic design software
Why work at Boltaron?
Boltaron Inc. is a global technology leader in plastics manufacturing and is uniquely positioned to serve diverse industries including: aerospace, mass transportation, general thermoforming, corrosion resistant components and wall protection.
Boltaron promotes a strong team/family culture, provides great opportunity to make an impact and for growth, and offers an attractive benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, a 401 K Plan with a company match, and an incentive plan.
If you are qualified and would like your resume sent to the company for review, please email it to Amy Bowers at email@example.com in Microsoft Word format with the position listed in the subject line/body.