A Message from Dean Bielski
Dear Campus Community,
As you are well aware, these are very different conditions under which to teach, learn and do business. I want to inform you that we are continuing to operate and early signs are positive. I realize we are only a few days into this, but I am so proud of the way our campus has handled this situation. The administration of the campus is meeting daily electronically and will do so until conditions change. We are addressing issues, to the best of our ability, as they arise.
I can report that all areas of the campus continue to operate. Classes are being taught, bills are being paid, SBDC is preparing to help with small business loans, the Library has electronic resources and the network is up and running. These are just a few examples of the work still being accomplished.
The physical campus is operating on very limited staff. This staff includes security, maintenance and some administrators. The Science and Advanced Technology Center and the Performing Arts Center are closed until further notice. Operations are limited to sections of Founders Hall. Students and visitors should not be coming to campus.
To assist students who began remote instruction this week, the following resources are available through Kent State Tuscarawas:
1. The campus is using InfoTusc@kent.edu as our one-stop electronic shop for answering questions. Many of you likely already know who to contact about specific concerns, but if you don’t please use this email address.
2. Advising is being done electronically. You can set up the appointment throughhttps://advising.kent.edu/ScheduleAppointment…. When the appointment is set up, your advisor will contact you via phone for the session.
4. The Writing Center is available via email. Email your paper to email@example.com with the subject heading “Paper for OWL from...”
5. Instructional assistance. If you are having trouble either getting your course to work as a faculty member, or using the courseware as a student, please contact Gretchen Knapp firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
7. Other services are still available on a case by case basis. Counseling has been moved off-site for the time being. Jennifer Benline can be reached for an appointment at 330-407-5079.
These resources are in addition to those already provided by Kent State University.
Please check your email frequently for accurate information from the University and from the campus. While you may receive some information through multiple sources, the most comprehensive way to get information is through email. I will be doing frequent updates throughout the rest of the semester.
Again, I thank you for your patience and understanding. We are committed to providing the best possible education and services we are able under these circumstances.