SEARCH KENT STATE
If you have never logged in to Flashline before and changed your password:
If you have never logged in to FlashLine to set up your account profile and change your password, your account might be accessible using the default password assigned to you by the university. Your default password is set according to the formula mmmyyxxxxx, where:
1. mmm = first three letters of the birth month
yy = last two digits of the birth year
xxxxx = last five digits of your Kent State ID (formerly, Banner ID)
2. If you are able to log in using your FlashLine username and default password, you'll be prompted to provide an alternate email address, set up the answers to several security questions, and change your password. By doing so, you'll be able to access these questions in the future to reset your own password if you ever forget it. NOTE: If you forget your password and are unable to provide answers to your security questions, you may have to visit the Geauga or Regional Academic Center Helpdesk for assistance.
3. If you are unable to log in to Flashline using your default password, please contact the Kent Campus Helpdesk at 330-672-HELP (4357).
If you have logged in to Flashline before, changed your password and setup security questions:
2. Enter your FlashLine username and click Next.
3. Answer Security Questions - Enter your answers to the security questions. NOTE: Your answers are not case-sensitive. After 3 unsuccessful attempts, your account will be locked. If this occurs, please call the Geauga or Regional Academic Center Helpdesk for assistance.
4. Set New Password - Choose a new password and enter it twice for verification. NOTE: Password must meet requirements.
5. When you have entered your new password, click Submit.
6. If your new password has meet the requirements you will then be logged directly in to FlashLine.
If you cannot remember the answers to your security questions, you must request a password reset by coming in-person (with a photo I.D.)
to the Geauga or Regional Academic Center Helpdesk. You may also get assistance by calling the Kent Campus Helpdesk at 330-672-HELP (4357).
NOTE: Password resets can ONLY be done over the phone if an alternate email address has been added to your account profile. A temporary password can then be sent to the alternate email address.
If you have any questions please contact us at: