Career Exploration & Development
The Office of Career Exploration & Development at Kent State Stark supports students in achieving their academic and career goals by assisting them in developing self-awareness, making informed decisions, acquiring experience, and obtaining meaningful employment.
We empower student success through personalized services and resources, forging valued partnerships through effective communication and collaboration, and embracing innovation and technology for continuous quality improvement and a commitment to excellence.
MEET WITH US
Career Exploration & Development can help you:
- Confirm or re-evaluate your major and career choices
- Obtain real world work experiences through internships
- Create resumes that showcase your marketable skills
- Make connections with potential employers for full-time employment at graduation
- Polish your interviewing skills
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
- Career exploration
- One-to-one career exploration appointments
- MyPlan Assessments: Skills Profiler, Interest Inventory, Values Assessment, and Personality Test
- Handshake: Find positions with Kent State University's online recruiting system for students and alumni. Apply to full- and part-time positions posted by employers targeting the Kent State talent pool. On-campus student positions and graduate assistantships are posted by departments across all eight campuses.
- Ohio Means Jobs: Serving Stark and Tuscarawas Counties, Ohio Means Jobs is northeastern Ohio's premier workforce development and training center that connects job seekers with employers by providing numerous resources in a single location.
Interested in posting a job or internship for our students? If so, please visit Information for Outside Employers.