Students seeking admission into the College Credit Plus program must demonstrate college readiness by meeting remediation-free standards.
Kent State University at Stark determines college readiness by using ACCUPLACER, ACT or SAT scores.
To be accepted into the program, students should meet one of the following remediation free standards:
Reading & Writing
|Accuplacer WritePlacer 5+|
|READING||22||Accuplacer Reading Comprehension 250+|
COVID-19 Update: At this time, we are unable to offer ACCUPLACER testing on campus or at area high schools. More information on testing options will be available soon.
- ACCUPLACER, ACT or SAT test scores are required and the test must be taken prior to the application deadline. No exceptions will be made.
- If you have taken the ACCUPLACER, ACT or SAT, have your scores submitted to Kent State Stark.
- Students must first have a CCP application on file before they can take any placement testing with Kent State Stark.
- Talk with your school counselor to see if you can take the ACCUPLACER test at your school. If not, you can make arrangements to take the test on campus. Contact the Testing Center at 330-244-5050 to make an appointment.
- Students who wish to take courses in mathematics or take courses that have a mathematics prerequisite will also be required to complete the university’s ALEKS math placement assessment to determine college readiness in mathematics.
- Foreign language placement assessments may be required for students wishing to take foreign language classes beyond Elementary I.
ACT & SAT INFORMATION
Kent State Stark's ACT code is 3226. For ACT test registration information, visit www.actstudent.org. You are not required to take ACT Plus Writing.
Kent State Stark's SAT code is 0585. For SAT registration information, visit www.collegeboard.org.