Students seeking admission into the College Credit Plus program must first demonstrate college readiness by meeting the College Credit Plus eligibility standards. Once a student is CCP eligible, they then must meet Kent State’s admissions standards. Kent State University determines college readiness in part by using ACT, SAT or ACCUPLACER scores.
ACT, SAT or ACCUPLACER test scores are required for admission and must be completed before the application deadline. Request your scores be sent to Kent State Stark. Kent State Stark's ACT code is 3284.
Review the information below for testing options.
- Complete this quick CCP testing questionnaire.
- Talk with your school counselor to see if you can take the ACCUPLACER test at your school.
- Students must first have a CCP application on file before they can take any placement testing with Kent State Stark. Complete the online CCP admission application then email firstname.lastname@example.org for testing instructions.
- Students who wish to take courses in mathematics or take courses that have a mathematics prerequisite will also be required to complete the university’s ALEKS math placement assessment to determine college readiness in mathematics.
- Foreign language placement assessments may be required for students wishing to take foreign language classes beyond Elementary I.