IAICS 2023 CONFERENCE
- March 22 - 25, 2023: City University of Macau, China
- IAICS 2023 Call for Papers docx
- IAICS 2023 Conference Registration
- Direct questions to the conference chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
GOALS OF THE CONFERENCE
- To bring together international educators and scholars to share ideas and experiences from diverse interdisciplinary perspectives on communication across cultures.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of scholarly research on issues relating to communication across language and culture.
- To disseminate through monographs, journals and websites recent research and thinking on emerging issues relating to language and culture.
- To bring different academic disciplines together to share theoretical insights and findings about communication across cultures.
In 1991, the conference created an organization known as the International Association for Intercultural Communication Studies (IAICS) that is housed with Kent State University at Stark. It also established its own journal of Intercultural Communication Studies (ICS) with Bates L. Hoffer (Trinity University) as its General Editor. In addition to creating an organization, the conference shifted its focus towards interdisciplinary models of communication across languages and cultures.
PAST IAICS CONFERENCES
- University of Toledo, Ohio, USA, 2022
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education and The University of Alabama, Manipal, India, 2021
- Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic, 2019
- DePaul University, Chicago, USA, 2018
- Macao Polytechnic Institute, Macao, 2017
- Shanghai International Studies University, Shanghai, China, 2016
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, 2015
- University of Rhode Island pdf, Providence, Rhode Island, USA, 2014
- Far Eastern Federal University pdf, Vladivostok, Russia, 2013
- Yuan Zi University pdf, Taoyuan, Taiwan, 2012
- Ciudad Universitaria Intercultural, San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico, 2011
- South China University of Technology pdf, Guangzhou, China, 2010
- Kumamoto Gakuen University, Kumamoto, Japan, 2009
- University of Louisville, Kentucky, USA, 2008
- Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China. 2007
- Trinity University, San Antonio pdf, Texas 2006
- Chinese Culture University pdf, Taipei, Taiwan. 2005
- Universidad de Guadalajara pdf, Jalisco, Mexico. 2004
- California State University at Fullerton pdf, USA. 2003
- Hong Kong Baptist University pdf, Hong Kong. 2001
- University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, USA. 1999
- Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, USA. 1997
- Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China. 1995
- Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas, USA. 1993
- Chung King University, Tainan, Taiwan. 1991
- Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas, USA. 1989
- Sejong Hotel, Seoul, Korea. 1985