Human Resource Symposium on July 18 Offers HR Pros Tips and Solutions for Workplace
As the business world continues to grow more dynamic and complex, so does the role of the human-resource professional.
In response to this challenge, the Corporate University at Kent State University at Stark will hold the 2019 Human Resource Symposium on Thursday, July 18, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Conference Center, 6000 Frank Ave. NW.
Designed for HR professionals, attendees will learn about the latest research on emerging trends and best solutions for dealing with workplace concerns.
“Participants will take away useful tools to put into practice and make valuable new connections,” said Faith Sheaffer-Polen, director of the Corporate University. “The symposium is focused on how to prepare yourself and your workforce for the future. We are bringing in presenters from multiple disciplines who have real-world experience and are experts in their field.”
Professionals with expertise in current workplace topics will lead sessions, which include:
- Identifying strategies to overcome the five dysfunctions of a team, based on the classic New York Times bestseller.
- Talent management: How to grow great employees through the creation of development plans.
- Interviewing like a pro and learning how to assess experience and skills accurately.
- Diversity awareness and the power of inclusion – identifying barriers to interacting effectively with others.
- How mindset affects beliefs, performance and results.
- Developing your professional HR strategy and more.
To register contact Mona Zink at 330-244-3508.
For more details, visit www.kent.edu/stark/cucc/human-resource-symposium. Registration fee is $195. Attendees will receive five HRCI HR General credits and five SHRM Professional Development credits.