Human Resource Symposium offers HR pros tips and solutions for workplace
Symposium to be held at Kent State University at Stark on July 19.
As the business world continues to grow more dynamic and complex, so does the role of the human-resource professional.
In response to this challenge, the Corporate University at Kent State University at Stark will hold the 2018 Human Resource Symposium on Thursday, July 19, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Conference Center, 6000 Frank Ave. NW.
Designed for HR professionals, attendees will learn about the latest research on emerging trends and best solutions for dealing with workplace concerns.
“Participants will take away useful tools to put into practice and make valuable new connections,” said Faith Sheaffer-Polen, director of the Corporate University. “The symposium is focused on how to prepare yourself and your workforce for the future. We are bringing presenters from multiple disciplines who have real-world experience and are experts in their field.”
Professionals with expertise in current workplace topics will lead sessions, which include:
- Harnessing the power of focus and accountability; implementing simple and effective goal-setting strategies.
- Tips for successful project management.
- How practical applications of emotional intelligence support civility in the workplace.
- Utilizing the DiSC assessment to improve professional communication and build stronger, more productive teams.
- How delegation develops future workplace leaders.
- Understanding immigrant populations and legal considerations for employment, cross-cultural communication strategies and more.
To register contact Mona Zink at 330-244-3508. For more details, visit www.kent.edu/stark/cucc/human-resource-symposium. Registration fee is $195. Attendees will receive five general HRCI and SHRM credits.