Rising Scholars Application
2023-24 RISING SCHOLARS APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
The application opens Oct. 3, 2022 for students who attend one of our partner schools:
- Canton South
Deadline to apply: 11:59 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 16, 2022
IMPORTANT - STUDENTS, PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
Before completing the application, you will need to have the following ready:
1. Personal Email for You and a Parent or Guardian
You will need to provide a personal email address, one that you check regularly. This email needs to be different than your school email (if you have one). If you don't have a personal email, please create one (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.). A parent or guardian email is also needed.
You will be asked to upload your response to the application essay question below.
- Your essay should be no more than two double-spaced, one-sided pages.
- Make sure your response does not contain any spelling or punctuation errors.
- Include an introduction, body and conclusion. Answer all parts of the question and make sure your name is on your essay.
- Acceptable document formats: .pdf (preferred), .doc, .docx.
Explain how your participation in the Rising Scholars Program will help you achieve your college and career goals and, at the same time, help you grow as a person.
3. School Transcript
Have your school counselor send you a scanned .pdf copy of your transcript to upload with your application.
4. Teacher Recommendations (2)
You are required to have two different academic teachers submit recommendations for you. Direct your teachers to this website to complete the online Teacher Recommendation form below.
2023-24 RISING SCHOLARS STUDENT APPLICATION
Students need to submit a complete application by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 16, 2022.
2023-24 RISING SCHOLARS TEACHER RECOMMENDATION
Teachers need to submit recommendation forms by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 16, 2022.