Kent State Stark's Writing Center tutors are assisting students remotely. The center is closed to in-person tutoring.
REMOTE TUTORING HOURS
Nov. 23 - 27: CLOSED
No tutoring available during Thanksgiving break.
Nov. 30 - Dec. 16
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
SET UP A LIVE TUTORCHAT SESSION
Using Google Meet, the Writing Center offers synchronous online tutoring. Get all the advantages of a face-to-face tutoring session from the comfort of your home.
To use TutorChat, you will need the following
- Internet access.
- A desktop or laptop computer is preferred, though it is possible to work on a tablet. However, please do not attempt to work from a cell phone.
- A webcam and microphone. Many devices have these built-in, but some may require you to obtain one or both separately.
- Headphones may be useful, but not required.
SCHEDULING A TUTORCHAT SESSION THROUGH TUTORTRAC
- You will need to first schedule an appointment using TutorTrac.
- Go to the Writing Center's TutorTrac website.
- Enter your FlashLine username and password.
- Once logged in, click on “Search Availability…” Within the “Center” drop-field, select “Stark Writing Center.” Then click on “Search.”
- When the “Available Time Slots” screen appears, select a time slot that fits your schedule. Be aware that a session cannot be scheduled less than 24 hours ahead of time or more than 7 days in advance.
- Complete your information. Under “Reason” be sure to select “Online TutorChat Session.”
- Email your paper to email@example.com at least 12 hours in advance.
- You may also schedule an appointment by visiting the Writing Center in the Library, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 330-244-3299.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE GOOGLE MEET SESSION
- Check your Kent State email for link to a new Google Meet session.
- Click on the link.
- Select "Join Session."