Writing Center Review Submission Instructions
The Writing Center Review, a writing-across-the curriculum journal that contains selected writing assignments by Kent State University at Stark students, is published each spring under the direction of the Writing Center Staff. The purpose of the Review is to highlight excellence in writing representing various disciplines at Kent State Stark, including Biology, Chemistry, Communications, Geology, History, Mathematics, Psychology, and Sociology, among others. These assignments then may be used in classrooms, in the Writing Center, and by individual students as guides for achieving excellence in writing. Although students are permitted to submit as many papers as they like, the Writing Center Review is only able to publish a maximum of one submission per author per edition.
If you are interested in submitting a writing assignment for consideration for publication in the next Writing Center Review, you will need to do the following:
- Select a piece of writing you like. This document must have been written for a spring, summer, or fall class during the previous calendar year.
- Ask a professor--either the professor who assigned the work or another professor with whom you work closely--to nominate your work for consideration. The professor needs to sign his/her name on the proper line of the form.
- Prepare one clean electronic copy of the submission, without your name anywhere on the document. Your title must be clearly stated on the first page.
- Your document must be in Microsoft Word format. No other programs will be accepted.
- Fill out a submission form, available online or in the Writing Center, and have your nominating professor sign it. Make an electronic copy. Submissions with incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Also, create an electronic copy of the original assignment, or in the body of your email, describe in as much detail as possible the guidelines of the assignment.
- Send your submission, the submission form, and the assignment details to email@example.com. Your name and the paper title should appear in the body of your email. Place “WCR Submission” in the subject line.
Download Writing Center Review Submission Form docx
Dr. Jay Sloan
Writing Center Director