Signature Program (for more information, please contact Dr. William (Bill) Beisel, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Leadership Tuscarawas prepares us to be good stewards of the Tuscarawas Valley community. Program participants develop a strong commitment to community involvement ensuring that our region has a strong foundation of civic engagement and servant leadership with each new generation.
Updated curriculum for 2024-2025
Many new professional development training modules have been added to the program for 2022-2023. Topics include, in part, best practices in leadership and management, servant leadership, ethics and leadership, diversity leadership, social media best practices, and cpstone lesson on leadership to name just a few.
Program Schedule for 2024-2025
Overnight Retreat: August 15 and 16
Tuscarawas Community Bus Tour: September 10 ** Day begins at 7:30 am-5 pm **
Monthly Program Days are held the 2nd Tuesday of the month from 8:00 am-5:00 pm at Kent State Tuscarawas or at other local organizations and are scheduled as follows:
- October 8
- November 12
- December 10
- January 14
- February 11
- March 11
- April 8
- May 13
Participation and Time Commitment
- Leadership Tuscarawas requires a serious commitment of time and energy. All applicants must be able to fulfill the attendance requirements.
- Full participation of each individual is necessary, and attendance at each session is expected. Because emergencies or business needs may arise, a participant may be absent from 12 hours of class.
- Participants who are absent for more than 12 hours of class may not graduate with their current class. The hours missed must be made up the following year to graduate.
- Leadership Tuscarawas reserves the right to notify a class participant’s employer/sponsor should they not meet the attendance requirements.
- Attendance for the entire two-day Program Retreat is mandatory and non-negotiable. Class participants who are accepted into the program and are unable to attend the retreat will be asked to wait until the following year to enter the program.
- Each participant is required to take part in a Community Project that may require additional time commitments outside of class.
- If accepted into the Leadership Tuscarawas program, applicants are encouraged to attend the May 14, 2024 Leadership Tuscarawas graduation ceremony where you will be introduced as a member of the Class of 2024-2025.
Who Benefits from Leadership Tuscarawas?
- The necessary skills to be a successful leader, group manager, decision maker and community trustee
- Deeper understanding of Tuscarawas County and its challenges and opportunities
- Expanded person network of local leaders
- Personal and professional enrichment
- Refined personal mission for community service and servant leadership
- Improved self-reflection and self-awareness
- Increased flexibility and openness for change
- Employees will increase leadership skills that will enhance their organizational effectiveness
- Access to a regional network of colleagues that can help with business solutions
- Readiness for collaboration, cooperation and teamwork
- Involvement and a voice in community activities
- Opportunity to position their business as an organization committed to "corporate caring"
- An active community leadership network with a better understanding of how things work and willing to take action to do the things most needed
- County-wide collaborations
- Increased citizen participation in community issues
- Unified community members striving to create a better county
Explore becoming a participant if you:
- Have a passion and motivation for serving Tuscarawas County
- Have an opinion, want to learn more, or want to engage in inclusive dialogue about community issues
- Want to engage and connect with others who desire to have a sustainable region
- Work for a business or are an entrepreneur who wants to keep the Tuscarawas Valley economy strong
- Work as a non-profit professional, member of government or community volunteer
- Live or work in the Tuscarawas Valley
- Each person has a capacity to be a leader-our program helps you get there
- The curriculum for Leadership Tuscarawas serves as an incubator for community issue awareness, leadership skill development and networking
- The program year begins with a retreat and a county-wide bus tour. Participants take part in exercises to explore their personal leadership styles, understand and utilize teambuilding techniques, and begin network building with fellow participants
- From October through May the class spends one intensive day each month in interactive program days. Sessions are held at various locations around the county, providing participants with a broader perspective of our area. Tours at host locations are often a part of the program day
- The following competencies for socially intelligent community leaders are presented during the nine-month program: self-awareness, interpersonal and relational skills, teamwork and partnering, community awareness, servant leadership and much more.