Financial Aid Checklist
SEPTEMBER - DECEMBER
- Apply for admission to Kent State Tuscarawas. There is no fee to apply.
- Review types of financial aid and general information on the Student Financial Aid Office Website.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket expenses by using the Net Price Calculator.
- View current costs to attend Kent State Tuscarawas.
- Consider attending a financial aid workshop or high school presentation. Apply for a Federal Student Aid ID. If the student is dependent, at least one parent must also apply. The FSA ID will serve as an electronic signature on the FAFSA.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by December 1 for priority processing and to ensure maximum financial aid eligibility.
- View your student financial aid awards and/or any outstanding financial aid requirements via FlashLine.
- If you will enroll at Kent State University in the summer and would like to use your financial aid, complete the Summer Aid Request Form.
APRIL - MAY
- Students must accept, decline or reduce federal loans.
- First-time borrowers: Sign the Master Promissory Note and complete Entrance Loan Counseling
- Parents can apply for the Federal Direct PLUS Loan.
- View information about direct loan interest rates and repayment of federal loans.
- If borrowing a private/alternative student loan, compare lender options and apply through FastChoice. If awarded institutional scholarships, accept via FlashLine.
JUNE - AUGUST
- Check your Kent State email account (beginning in July) for notification regarding your e-bill.
- Visit the One Stop for detailed billing and due date information.
- Review One Stop resources including important information about Authorization of Title IV Aid (federal aid).
- Make a refund selection using information received from BankMobile (you will receive this after enrolling in classes).