CCP Applications & Deadlines
- April 1 for the Summer 2019 semester
- May 1 for the Fall 2019 semester
1. Submit a completed Intent to Participate form to your guidance counselor by April 1.
Students of nonpublic, non-chartered and home-school students must complete and submit paperwork to the Ohio Department of Higher Education declaring their intent to participate in CCP by April 1.
2. Complete the online CCP application.
Note: There is no application fee. When completing the application, use your full legal name and do not use your school email address. Keep your Username and PIN (you will need these to access the application system in the future).
3. Print, complete, and submit the College Credit Plus Permission Form.
4. Request your school send official, up-to-date high school transcripts or a middle school report card.
Home-schooled students must provide a summary/portfolio of secondary coursework completed along with a letter from their public school district excusing them from compulsory attendance.
5. Complete and Send ACT or SAT scores to Kent State Geauga and the Regional Academic Center. If you do not have test scores, schedule a time to take Accuplacer.
- Test scores for the ACT/SAT can be sent electronically to Kent State Geauga (ACT school code 3224 / SAT school code 6979).
- ACT/SAT test should be taken no later than February for Summer admission, April for Fall admission, and October for Spring admission.
- Students who have not taken the ACT or SAT exam will need to take the Accuplacer assessment. Kent State will provide Accuplacer free of charge.
- To schedule Accuplacer, please register for one of the dates and locations below.
|Friday, Nov. 8||1 p.m.||Geauga Campus in Burton||Regional Academic Center in Twinsburg|
|Friday, Nov. 15||3 p.m.||Geauga Campus in Burton||Regional Academic Center in Twinsburg|
6. Watch your postal mail and email for updates about your application status.
Applications are considered incomplete until all of the above materials have been received.
Additional Step for Private and Home-Schooled Student
Apply for state funding online by April 12, 2019. You will need to set up a SAFE Account and have an acceptance letter from the university. If you miss this deadline, you will not receive funds to cover CCP classes.
Send Application Materials to:
Office of Admissions
Kent State Geauga
Regional Academic Center
14111 Claridon-Troy Road
Burton, OH 44021