CCP Applications & Deadlines
- May 1 for the Summer Semester
- June 1 for the Fall Semester
- November 1 for the Spring Semester
1. Submit a completed Intent to Participate form to your guidance counselor by April 1.
Students of nonpublic, non-chartered, and home-school students must complete and submit paperwork to the Ohio Department of Higher Education declaring their intent to participate in CCP by April 1.
2. Complete the online CCP application.
Note: There is no application fee. When completing the application, use your full legal name and do not use your school email address. Keep your Username and PIN (you will need these to access the application system in the future).
3. Print, complete, and submit the College Credit Plus Permission Form.
4. Request your school send official, up-to-date high school transcripts or a middle school report card.
Home-schooled students must provide a summary/portfolio of secondary coursework completed along with a letter from their public school district excusing them from compulsory attendance.
5. Complete and Send ACT or SAT scores to Kent State Geauga and the Twinsburg Academic Center. If you do not have test scores, schedule a time to take Accuplacer.
- ACT/SAT test should be taken no later than February for Summer admission, April for Fall admission, and October for Spring admission.
- Students who have not taken the ACT or SAT exam will need to take the Accuplacer assessment. Kent State will provide Accuplacer free of charge.
- To schedule Accuplacer, please visit Placement Testing for more information
6. Watch your postal mail and email for updates about your application status.
Applications are considered incomplete until all of the above materials have been received.
Additional Step for Private and Home-Schooled Student
Apply for state funding online by April 1. You will need to set up an OH|ID Account and have an acceptance letter from the university. If you miss this deadline, you will not receive funds to cover CCP classes. Please email a copy of your funding letter to the Admissions Office.
Send Application Materials to:
Office of Admissions
Kent State Geauga
14111 Claridon-Troy Road
Burton, OH 44021