Internship & Career Services
The Office of Internship & Career Services at Kent State Stark supports students in achieving their academic and career goals by assisting them in developing self-awareness, making informed decisions, acquiring experience, and obtaining meaningful employment.
We empower student success through personalized services and resources, forging valued partnerships through effective communication and collaboration, and embracing innovation and technology for continuous quality improvement and a commitment to excellence.
MEET WITH A CAREER COACH
Meet virtually for career advising to:
- Choose a major and discuss job/career options
- Identify career-related internship options and opportunities
- Practice an employment-related "mock" interview
- Gain strategies for conducting a targeted job search
- Discuss and research graduate/professional schools and the application process
- Create and/or review resumes and cover letters
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
To schedule an appointment, call 330-244-5050. In-person and virtual appointments are available.
DROP-IN CAREER COACHING
Available on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to noon.
- MyPlan Assessments: Includes Skills Profiler, Interest Inventory, Values Assessment, and Personality Test.
- Workshops, Events and Resources: Internship & Career Services offers a host of workshops and events throughout the year.
- Career Chats: Shaan Fowler discusses timely career topics.
- Handshake: Find positions with Kent State University's online recruiting system for students and alumni. Apply to full- and part-time positions posted by employers targeting the Kent State talent pool. On-campus student positions and graduate assistantships are posted by departments across all eight campuses.
- Ohio Means Jobs: Serving Stark and Tuscarawas Counties, Ohio Means Jobs is northeastern Ohio's premier workforce development and training center that connects job seekers with employers by providing numerous resources in a single location.
Interested in posting a job or internship for our students? If so, please visit Information for Outside Employers.