Internship & Career Services
WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER
To slow transmission of COVID-19 and remain consistent with recommendations from state health authorities to practice physical distancing, all Kent State University campuses are closed until further notice.
Kent State Stark's Internship & Career Services staff is assisting students remotely.
Meet with Internship & Career Services
Choose your 45 minute virtual appointment topic:
- Help choosing a major
- Mock employment interview
- Virtual job search
- Help with graduate/professional school applications
- Resume and cover letter writing/review
Virtual Drop-In Sessions
During Virtual Drop-In Sessions, you can meet with several different areas, all in one session, without an appointment. Admissions, Financial Aid, Academic Advising and Career Services will be available to assist you during these drop-in sessions.
Services & Resources
The mission of Internship & Career Services at Kent State Stark is to support students in achieving their academic and career goals by assisting them in developing self-awareness, making informed decisions, acquiring experience, and obtaining meaningful employment.
Our vision is to empower student success through personalized services and resources, forging valued partnerships through effective communication and collaboration, and embracing innovation and technology for continuous quality improvement and a commitment to excellence.
- Kent State's Career Exploration and Development: Comprehensive career services information for all Kent State students.
- Handshake: Find positions with Kent State University's online recruiting system for students and alumni.
- Career Chats: Shaan Fowler discusses timely career topics.
- Ohio Means Jobs: Serving Stark and Tuscarawas Counties, Ohio Means Jobs is northeastern Ohio's premier workforce development and training center that connects job seekers with employers by providing numerous resources in a single location.
- MyPlan Assessments: Includes Skills Profiler, Interest Inventory, Values Assessment, and Personality Test.
- Career Advising: Remote individual sessions are available by appointment. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Interested in posting a job or internship for our students? If so, please visit Information for Outside Employers.
Stark Career Workshops and Events
Internship & Career Services offers a host of workshops throughout the year.
- Student Leadership Academy
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing Workshops
- Mock Interviews
- Internship Information Sessions
- Graduate School Workshops
- Greater Canton Collegiate Job & Internship Fair
- Flashternships: One day job shadow opportunities will match students with an organization to observe a full day of work.
- Employer Meet & Greets: A great opportunity to network with employers on campus. Check with the Office of Internships & Career Services for upcoming opportunities.
Greater Canton Collegiate Job & Internship Fair
The Greater Canton Collegiate Job & Internship Fair is a cooperative effort by four colleges and universities in Stark County: Kent State University at Stark, Walsh University, University of Mount Union and Stark State College.
Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020
2 - 5 p.m.
Kent State University at Stark
Student Learning Outcomes
By utilizing the Career Center's in-person and online services and resources, students will gain a better understanding of their:
- Personal values and interests
- Skills and abilities
- Preferred work environments
Students will learn how to:
- Select a rewarding career and major
- Research careers and employers
- Prepare a competitive resume and cover letter
- Interview successfully
- Gain experience through part-time employment
- Obtain and maximize an internship to build professional skills
- Conduct an effective job search
- Convey proper business etiquette
- Utilize effective networking strategies including use of social media
- Critically evaluate a job and salary offer
- Pursue admission to graduate school