Faculty Class Absences
1. BEFORE MISSING CLASS
If you are unable to be present to teach any of your classes (for any reason), you must contact the Office of Academic Affairs as soon as possible so that your classes can be covered (if possible).
2. NOTIFY YOUR STUDENTS
- Email your students through Canvas notifying them of the cancellation
- Check the settings to make sure that your email is sent and a notification goes out to students who use the app on their phones
- We are no longer posting class cancellations on the website or on campus monitors
3. NOTIFY ACADEMIC AFFAIRS OF YOUR ABSENCE
Email (from your kent.edu email) your absence notifications to the following individuals:
If you are unable to email, call Academic Affairs at 330-244-3221 or 330-244-3209. Keep in mind that if you leave a voicemail message, your message may not be retrieved that day.
4. REPORT YOUR SICK LEAVE IN FLASHLINE
It is your responsibility to report your sick leave to Human Resources through FlashLine.
FlashLine > Employee > Dashboard > Leave Reporting