HOW TO REQUEST A FLASHCARD AT THE STARK CAMPUS
STEP 1: COMPLETE FLASHCARD REQUEST FORM
Complete this short online form to request a FLASHcard at the Stark Campus.
Have your Kent State ID Number ready. It can be found in FlashLine under your profile photo and begins with an 8.
STEP 2: UPLOAD YOUR PHOTO
Follow the instructions below to upload your FLASHcard photo.
Photo Submission Rules
- Hats and head coverings are not permitted.
- Photos should be a self portrait.
- Photos should use a solid background (white or blue preferred)
- Photos will be reviewed and denied if these rules are not followed.
Upload a Photo for Your FLASHcard
- Go to flashweb.kent.edu (KSU CAS Login).
- Log in using your FlashLine credentials.
- In the left-hand menu, click on Submit ID Photo.
- Select a photo you would like to submit for approval then click submit.
Pickup Your FLASHcard
- You will need to bring a valid state issued ID or passport to pick up your FLASHcard.
- You will receive an email in late July with instructions for picking up your FLASHcard at Kent State Stark.
Your Kent State FLASHcard is more than just your student ID.
Use it as a Debit Account
Students can use their FLASHcard like a debit card once money is added to the FLASHcard account, known as FLASHcash. You can purchase books, supplies and clothing in the Bookstore, purchase food and beverages in the Emporium Grille & Market and use it to pay for printing in the computer labs - a necessity! You can also use your FLASHcard at select off-campus locations like Sheetz in North Canton and many locations in Kent, Ohio.
To add money to your FLASHcard when campus reopens, visit the Office of Student Services and a cashier will add your credit to your account. You can also visit flashweb.kent.edu (KSU CAS Login) to add money to your account online. Once logged in, select GET in the left-hand menu and follow the prompts.
Preferred Identification at Kent State
Oftentimes, you will be asked for your FLASHcard on campus when trying to do routine procedures like changing your schedule or requesting a transcript. Your FLASHcard is the preferred method of identification on campus. You will need it to check out materials in the Library and to utilize the Recreation & Wellness Center.
Should you lose your FLASHcard, contact the Office of Student Services immediately. Your card needs to be deactivated and a new card issued. There is a $25 replacement fee to have a new card issued.
Office of Student Services
132 Main Hall