TESTING SERVICES AT KENT STATE STARK
The Testing Center promotes student learning experiences by following established procedures for administering tests in a professional and standardized manner. We support students, Kent State University faculty, and test sponsors, both domestic and abroad, by managing tests promptly, fairly, and accurately. Our center has committed to the National College Testing Association’s Professional Standards and Guidelines.
Fall 2021 Testing Center Hours
Aug. 26 - Dec. 17
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. - 6:45 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Closed Sept. 6, Nov. 11, Nov. 25 & 26. Testing closes at 4:45 p.m. on Oct. 14 and Nov. 24.
Note: Dec. 13 - 17
No placement testing (ALEKS or ACCUPLACER) available this week.
Dec. 20 - 23
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Campus closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 2.
In-person testing is available by appointment.
SCHEDULE AN IN-PERSON TEST
For remote testing options, click the link below for the test you are interested in taking.
- ALEKS Math placement testing (may be taken online from home)
- ALEKS Math reassessment may be taken at home using Respondus Monitor® through FlashLine. If you do not have a camera and microphone on your computer, you may schedule an appointment to take the reassessment in the Testing Center.
- ACCUPLACER Reading and Writing placement testing
- Gates-MacGinitie Reading Test
- Foreign Language placement testing
- CLEP - College Level Examination Program
- ACT Residual Testing
- Make-up and SAS exams
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification
- Readers and scribes for students with disability accommodations
COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS PLACEMENT TESTING
CCP students who would like to take placement testing at Kent State Stark should follow these guidelines:
- Before any placement can be taken, you must first apply to Kent State Stark's CCP program.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, alternative placement and admissions criteria is in place. Complete this quick CCP testing questionnaire. Contact Elizabeth Ohlin at firstname.lastname@example.org with testing questions.
- If CCP placement testing is needed, schedule an appointment online or call Testing Services to schedule an appointment at 330-244-3379.
- A photo ID is required before testing.