BENEFITS OF WORKING ON CAMPUS
Working on campus offers a student flexibility, convenience and a better understanding of university operations, not to mention experience. At Kent State Stark, there are nearly 100 campus jobs ranging from library desk staff, campus ambassadors, academic tutors, department office assistants, maintenance and grounds crew, bookstore assistants and theater technicians, just to name a few!
STUDENT EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Cumulative college GPA of 2.0 (undergraduate students must maintain GPA of 2.0 or employment will be terminated).
- Enrolled at least half-time each semester (6 credit hours for undergraduate students).
- Students must have a processed FAFSA on file for each semester of employment.
- Students must know and use their FlashLine ID and password.
- Summer enrollment is not required for summer employment provided the student intends to enroll for the upcoming fall semester.
- College Credit Plus students are not eligible for student employment at Kent State Stark.
- Students are ineligible to work as a full or part-time university employee AND as a student employee at the same time.
HOW TO SEARCH, APPLY & INTERVIEW FOR STUDENT JOBS
- Look for student positions in Handshake. New opportunities are added daily.
- Completed applications will be submitted to the department supervisor for consideration.
- Once you are notified that you are hired, you will need to contact Camille Malfeo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-244-3272 to schedule a time to:
- Sign the Offer of Student Employment Form provided by your hiring department to accept the job offer.
- Bring the completed Offer of Student Employment Form to the appropriate student employment office with acceptable forms of I.D. (i.e. a Kent State FLASHcard or driver's license and an original Social Security card or certified copy of a birth certificate) to complete the forms required for employment.
- Log into CampusWorks to Accept and electronically sign the Student Employment Certification Statement.
- Accept job offers online to complete the hiring process by checking your kent.edu email or logging into CampusWorks. You will have five days to respond to the offer or it will automatically expire. The job can be resubmitted by contacting the hiring department.
- Receive a Job Confirmation email when permission to work has been granted and your job has been activated. Permission to work is granted upon final confirmation of student enrollment, completion of paperwork, and other employment eligibility requirements. Returning student employees will be notified in CampusWorks if additional forms are needed.
STUDENT EMPLOYMENT PHILOSOPHY
- The university's student employment programs are subject to and will be administered in accordance with applicable federal and state laws and statutes governing employment practices.
- A student desiring to meet educational expenses through part-time employment should be encouraged and assisted in locating employment opportunities. In addition to being a financial resource, part-time employment can serve as an educational tool to increase the student's job skills and enhance future career opportunities.
- Employment should complement a student's academic experience.
- Student employment benefits the student and the university. Statistics report that employment contributes to a large degree whether or not students stay in school. Kent State University recognizes the importance of maintaining a program of employment for students that provides them with financial assistance, work experience and service opportunities. It is the policy of the university to employ students part-time, and not to displace or reduce full-time employment opportunities.