One of the nation’s largest and most respected nursing schools – the College of Nursing is preparing tomorrow’s successful, globally-engaged and culturally-savvy health care leaders.
NURSING AT KENT STATE STARK
LAUNCH VIRTUAL TOUR OF NURSING PROGRAM
CURRENT NURSING STUDENTS - LAB SCHEDULING
Schedule Stark Campus lab time to practice nursing skills such as head-to-toe assessments, medication administration, foley cath, NG tub, vital signs, etc.
- Our students receive clinical experience through a variety of local health care and community agencies, as well as extended care facilities, including Aultman Hospital, Mercy Medical Center, Affinity Medical Center, Altercare and Heartland.
- Kent State Stark’s Nursing Lab is a state-of-the-art facility in which students learn and practice nursing skills and procedures. Students encounter real-life situations by using the lab’s high-fidelity, computerized human patients in the forms of newborn, child and adult simulators. Simulation experiences are incorporated into most all of the nursing courses. An Advanced Medical Surgical Nursing simulation course has been developed to give students additional opportunities to enhance clinical skills.
- 8:1 average undergraduate student-to-faculty ratio.
- The program’s faculty members – each an expert in a different nursing specialty – give students invaluable one-on-one attention and instruction, facilitating the transition from the classroom to the patient-care setting.
- As a Regional Campus of Kent State University, the Stark Campus’ nursing program is part of Ohio’s largest academic program for nursing – the sixth largest program in the nation – educating the majority of Northeast Ohio’s registered nurses.