RN Refresher Course
UPDATE YOUR SKILLS AND RETURN TO THE WORKFORCE
Are you a registered nurse who is out of practice and needs to update your skills and refresh your knowledge to return to the workforce?
A newly designed Registered Nurse Refresher course is being offered at Kent State University at Stark.
This eight-week course will include practice updates, pharmacology review, electronic health record practice, nursing skills review and hands-on practice in our state-of-the-art nursing simulation laboratory. Resume writing and interview coaching will be available to all students.
Tuition will be charged for a three credit hour undergraduate course. Students defer full admission and are admitted as a guest student to take the course for continuing education.
NURS 41095 ST: Nursing Refresher
March 8 - May 3, 2022
Thursdays 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Hybrid delivery - both online and face-to-face instruction
Contact Janet Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Discuss 21st century changes and trends in healthcare.
- Review and examine nursing care and pharmacology for the major causes of morbidity and mortality for adults in the United States.
- Identify legal and ethical concerns for nurses including RN scope of practice and standards of nursing care for safe practice.
- Discuss principles for best geriatric practice and holistic end of life care.
- Demonstrate application of nursing process to provide care to adults and families in acute, chronic, and rehabilitation care settings.
- Utilize a variety of resources, including nursing research, to provide quality, cost-effective nursing care.
- Apply and integrate nursing knowledge, safety in skills, and professional behaviors using clinical reasoning.
- Prepare for employment as a professional nurse, including developing interviewing skills and creating a professional portfolio, a letter of interest and resume.
LABORATORY LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Demonstrate comprehensive assessment and health history taking skills.
- Utilize principles of organization, prioritization, time management, and nursing delegation in the care of simulated patients.
- Demonstrate competency in clinical nursing skills- ADL’s, Safe medication administration, IV skills, Oxygenation, I+O, NG, Foley Catheter, CPR/AED & mock code, and EHR documentation/informatics.
For more information, contact:
Janet Reed, M.S.N., R.N., C.M.S.R.N.
223F Science & Nursing