Each year, the Honors Program sponsors the Student Conference to showcase the academic talents of Kent State students.
Students can submit proposals to present their papers, posters, artwork, music or theatre presentations at the conference.
All Kent State students are eligible to submit proposals.
12th ANNUAL STUDENT CONFERENCE
FRIDAY, APRIL 26, 2019
- Additional conference events to be announced.
- Proposals must be submitted online by March 25, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- Students must submit a 150 word abstract of their proposal, including the presentation format. Formats can include oral presentations (individual or group), posters, visual art displays, performances or foreign language presentations. Students must provide a letter of support from a faculty member for their proposal.
- Students will be notified by April 12, 2019 if their proposal was accepted.
Monetary awards will be awarded to eligible students in the categories of oral presentations, group presentations, poster presentations and performances. Judging will be conducted by faculty during the conference.
2018 CONFERENCE AWARDS
- Samantha Brown: Award of Distinction
- Ellie Camerato: Award of Merit
- Gabbie Laubacher: Award of Mention
- Daniel Phillipi: Award of Mention
- Sara Hoffman: Award of Mention
- Susanna Walker: Award of Mention
- John Polles: Award of Distinction
- Val Kramer: Award of Distinction
- Chris Distel: Award of Merit
- Bethany Earley: Award of Merit
- Haley Walker: Award of Merit
- Griffin Angerman: Award of Merit
- Bert Crawford: Award of Merit
- Jillian Decker: Award of Merit
- Jordon Smith: Award of Mention
- Michael Weinstock: Award of Mention
- Demi Edwards: Award of Mention
- Michael Caiazza: Award of Mention
- Austin Ord: Award of Mention
- Donald Larabee: Award of Mention
Dr. Leslie Heaphy
Associate Professor of History
Honors Program Coordinator
308C Main Hall