Transfer Admission

A transfer student has enrolled in a college, university, technical or proprietary school after graduation from high school, but has not completed a bachelor's degree. 

You are still considered a transfer student even if you don't think your previous credits will transfer to Kent State.



1. Official high school transcript or GED transcripts

  • Not required if you have successfully completed 12 or more college-level semester hours.

2. Official transcripts from every college or university you attended

  • Submit official transcripts from every college college or university you attended after high school (or after receiving your GED), even if you feel credit will not be transferable. Failure to report previously attended colleges or universities is falsification and may result in denial of admission or dismissal from the university. To request official transcripts be sent, see instructions below.

3. ACT or SAT scores are optional, but recommended

  • ACT or SAT scores help your academic advisor determine which Kent State courses are best for you. If you've taken the ACT or SAT, we encourage you to submit your scores to Kent State Stark.

4. If applicable, official College Credit Plus transcripts 

  • Transcripts should come from the college or university (not high school) from which college credit was awarded. To request official transcripts to be sent, see instructions below.



Transfer Credit Guide and Flash Credit Estimator can help you understand what courses transfer to Kent State.



Transcripts are considered official only if they arrive in a sealed letterhead envelope from a high school, college or university. Transcripts issued directly to the student will be accepted only if the envelope is unopened. Once the envelope seal has been broken by someone other than a university employee, the transcript becomes unofficial.

If the original school is mailing your transcript, send to:
Office of Admissions
Kent State University at Stark
6000 Frank Avenue NW
North Canton OH 44720

Electronic Transcripts

  • High schools can directly email transcripts to or send by Parchment to Kent State University, Kent, OH.
  • Parchment or electronic transcripts can be sent to Kent State University, Kent, OH.
  • Parchment and/or eScrip-Safe transcripts can be emailed to