CCP Admission Process from Inquiry to Application to Enrollment
- October 1, 2019 – February 1, 2020: Attend CCP Information Sessions offered at local high schools and colleges, discuss CCP options with guidance counselor and family.
- October 2019 – April 2020: CCP applicants must take either ACT or Accuplacer. The ACT is offered, free of charge, to all high school juniors at the high school in February or March (check high school for details). The Accuplacer is offered, free of charge, at Kent State Tuscarawas after the student has applied and submitted other application materials. ACT dates and registration information can be found at www.act.org. (Test score requirement will be waived for Summer/Fall 2020 if applicant has cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher.)
- October 1, 2019: Kent State Tuscarawas CCP application for Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 is available online at www.kent.edu/tusc/college-credit-plus. While the deadlines to apply are April 1 for summer admission and May 1 for fall admission, private and home-schooled students should apply very early in order to meet the April 1 funding application deadlines, which requires an acceptance letter from the University.
- April 1, 2020 (extended to May 1, 2020): Letter of Intent to Participate in CCP must be turned in to high school (for public school students). This form does NOT go to the University! Get the form from your guidance counselor or www.ohiohighered.org/ccp. Private and home-schooled students must complete an online funding application which will include the Intent Form and is due by April 1, 2020 at 5 p.m. Visit www.ohiohighered.org/ccp for more details.
- April 1, 2020 (extended to May 1, 2020): Deadline to apply for CCP at Kent State Tuscarawas for Summer 2020 classes. Be sure to have all application materials submitted to Kent State Tuscarawas.
- May 1, 2020 (extended to June 1, 2020): Deadline to apply for CCP at Kent State Tuscarawas for Fall 2020 classes. Be sure to have all application materials directed to Kent State Tuscarawas.
- May, June, July 2020: Accepted students will complete an online CCP Orientation and then meet with CCP Advisor Melissa Crites to register for first semester classes at Kent State Tuscarawas. Plan ahead by searching the Schedule of Classes online.
- August 2020: Enrolled CCP students may attend "Welcome Days" to find classrooms, visit the bookstore and obtain a FLASHcard Student ID.
Melissa Crites, CCP Coordinator
330-339-3391 | firstname.lastname@example.org