CCP Admission Process from Inquiry to Application to Enrollment for 2023-2024:
- October 1, 2022 – February 15, 2023: Attend CCP Information Sessions offered at local high schools and colleges, discuss CCP options with school counselor and family.
- October 2022 – April 2023: CCP applicants should take ACT, SAT or Accuplacer if they have a cumulative high school GPA below 3.0 or no high school GPA at all.
- The ACT is offered, free of charge, to all high school juniors at the high school in February or March (check high school for details). Students interested in taking ACT earlier than the free attempt in spring of the junior year can find ACT dates and registration information at www.act.org.
- Students interested in taking the SAT can find test dates and registration information at www.collegeboard.org/sat.
- The Accuplacer is offered, free of charge, at Kent State Tuscarawas after the student has applied and submitted other application materials.
- October 1, 2022: Kent State Tuscarawas CCP application for Summer 2023 and Fall 2023 is available online at www.kent.edu/tusc/college-credit-plus. While the deadlines to apply are April 15 for summer admission and June 1 for fall admission, private and home-schooled students should apply very early in order to meet the April 1 funding application deadline, which requires an acceptance letter from the University.
- April 1, 2023: Letter of Intent to Participate in CCP must be turned in to high school (for public school students). This form does NOT go to the University! Get the form from your school counselor or www.ohiohighered.org/ccp. Private and home-schooled students must complete an online funding application which will include the Intent Form and is due by April 1 at 5 p.m. Visit www.ohiohighered.org/ccp for more details.
- April 15, 2023: Deadline to apply for CCP at Kent State Tuscarawas for Summer 2023 classes. Be sure to have all application materials submitted to Kent State Tuscarawas.
- June 1, 2023: Deadline to apply for CCP at Kent State Tuscarawas for Fall 2023 classes. Be sure to have all application materials directed to Kent State Tuscarawas.
- May, June, July 2023: Accepted students will complete an online CCP Orientation and then meet with CCP Advisor Melissa Crites to register for first semester classes at Kent State Tuscarawas. Plan ahead by searching the Schedule of Classes online. Accepted students will also be required to completed a Maturity Questionnaire before enrolling in any KSU classes.
- August 2023: Enrolled CCP students may attend "Welcome Days" to find classrooms, visit the bookstore and obtain a FLASHcard Student ID.
- August 21, 2023: Fall classes begin at Kent State Tuscarawas.
- October 15, 2023: Deadline to apply for CCP at Kent State Tuscarawas for Spring 2024 classes. Be sure to have all application materials directed to Kent State Tuscarawas.
- January 16, 2024: Spring classes begin at Kent State Tuscarawas.
Melissa Crites, CCP Coordinator
330-339-3391 | email@example.com