CCP Admission Standards
CCP Admission Standards at Kent State Tuscarawas
For the 20-21 and 21-22 school years, test scores will not be required for CCP admission. Admission decisions will be made based on cumulative middle or high school grade point average.
- Ordinarily, applicants must demonstrate college readiness as determined by the Statewide Standards for Remediation-Free Status and Kent State University's placement protocol. This is assessed using ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer.
- Take the ACT (www.act.org) or Accuplacer (as instructed by the University after you've applied to the program):
- No later than February for Summer admission
- No later than April for Fall admission
- No later than October for Spring admission
- To be accepted into the program, students must meet one of the remediation-free standards as described in the Statewide Standards for Remediation-Free Status. Please note that course choices may be limited for students who don't meet all three standards.
- Students who don't meet at least one of the remediation-free standards via ACT and/or Accuplacer will be considered using the test score in conjunction with high school GPA and teacher/counselor recommendation. See the state's Student Eligibility chart for details.
- Students who wish to enroll in a mathematics course may be required to take the University's ALEKS math placement assessment in order to demonstrate college readiness. This will be discussed during the advising appointment.
- Students who wish to take a foreign language may be required to take the University's foreign language placement assessment.
Melissa Crites, CCP Coordinator
330-339-3391 | firstname.lastname@example.org