Choose Ohio First
NEW CHOOSE OHIO FIRST SCHOLARSHIPS FOR FALL 2021
Kent State University's Choose Ohio First grant supports six different programs throughout the system. Kent State Stark's STEMM program is part of the COF grant.
VIEW ELIGIBLE MAJORS PDF
The Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program provides scholarship support to Ohio residents who wish to pursue degrees in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or medicine (STEMM). The state of Ohio, recognizing that a workforce trained in these areas is essential for strengthening our economy, has created this program to provide tuition support to Ohio residents pursuing STEMM degrees.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Undergraduate Ohio residents or Ohio residents returning to Ohio for graduate school after completing undergraduate studies in other states or countries
- First-year students only (first-time degree seeking at Kent State University)
- Scholars enrolled in full- or part-time study
- Student must major in one of Kent State’s eligible programs of study
- Former College Credit Plus students are welcome to apply
- First-generation and underrepresented students are strongly encouraged to apply
- 3.0 GPA
- Admittance to Kent State University at Stark for fall
- Registered for at least 6 credit hours
If you are an eligible major in mathematics, environmental studies, biological sciences, zoology, chemistry, biochemistry and computer & information sciences, the application portal will be open throughout summer 2021, until all scholarship slots are filled.
All new students who have been admitted for fall 2021 and are interested in a COF STEMM scholarship are encouraged to contact Project Director Dr. Bathi Kasturiarachi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All general questions regarding the COF scholarships should be sent to email@example.com. The Stark COF program coordinators will respond back to you.
Stark Program Coordinators
- Dr. Bathi Kasturiarachi, Mathematics
- Dr. Chrissy Kauth, Nursing
- Dr. Greg Smith, Biological Sciences
COF Scholarships that have been awarded (2017 through 2023) will continue for students majoring in STEM fields (biology, chemistry, computer science, geology, mathematics) or nursing, specifically RN-BSN students from Stark State College who will continue at Kent State University. These scholarships will continue until graduation.